Carbonite is seeking a Marketing Web Analyst who is ready to make a big impact our business. As a part of the Marketing Web team, this role requires someone with experience in both data analysis and technical implementation. You will own and maintain our analytics platforms and A/B testing tools, with the goal of providing data-driven insights that shape our web strategy.
Everyday projects include managing cross-functional analytics and testing tools, administering data hygiene best practices, developing consistent reporting standards, analyzing user behavior and trends, and working closely with members of the Web team and the larger Marketing and Product organizations to provide proactive insights and identify opportunities for improvement.
You’ll be working with best-in-class marketers and developers to support business initiatives across the entire customer lifecycle. If you are up for the challenge, we’d love to hear from you!
Specific Objectives & Responsibilities:
Your First Six Months:
- Dig into existing data and begin learning about our visitors, customers and partners – understand how users interact with our websites and seek out areas of improvement or gaps in knowledge.
- Collaborate with the Web team to better understand reporting needs and manage new analytics requests, including: web traffic, site conversions, custom events, user paths, landing page performance, etc.
- Take ownership of existing analytics tracking and testing tools and identify opportunities to modify measurement and reporting to meet those needs.
- Implement data hygiene best practices to ensure that reporting is accurate and that KPIs are aligned with other teams.
Six to Twelve Months and Beyond:
All of the above, plus;
- Coordinate the implementation and management of analytics tracking across websites and portals; work with Business Intelligence, Product & Engineering teams to ensure end-to-end visibility into the customer lifecycle.
- Provide strategic recommendations to improve website conversion and user experience.
- Coordinate, implement and evaluate A/B tests; work with stakeholders to craft hypotheses that are measurable and will lead to actionable learnings.
- Conduct trend and variance analyses to better predict how changes will impact web traffic and revenue.
- Serve as a subject matter expert; be passionate about staying up-to-date on trends and best practices.
Key Challenges to Overcome:
Key challenges will be related to maintaining and analyzing data from multiple teams across the organization. Close collaboration and communication will be needed to ensure that data is accurate and actionable.
What will make you successful at Carbonite:
- A track record of good judgment and decision-making in positions with significant responsibility
- Highly autonomous and able to independently identify high value projects and drive them to completion
- A comprehensive understanding of the balance between technical acumen and business aptitude
- Demonstrated leadership capability in cross-functional team environments
- High degree of comfort with complex technical environments
- Ability to articulate/defend an informed opinion on important topics
Skills & Experience:
- 3+ years of experience in eCommerce Marketing and/or Marketing Technology
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred
- Strong background in data analysis; proven ability to review large amounts of data and provide strategic and actionable recommendations based on patterns and trends
- Proven experience implementing and leveraging standard web analytics tools (e.g. Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics) to provide advanced reporting and insights
- Experience with A/B testing tools and test design, including Optimizely and CMS-based solutions; knowledge of Episerver a plus
- Strong analytical aptitude and familiarity with business intelligence tools, preferably Tableau
- Familiarity with advertising tools related to pixel/beacon tracking, preferably Tealium
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with a talent for translating complex technical concepts for non-technical stakeholders