We are looking for an experienced Network Engineer who loves to design secure and reliable networks. We need someone who will take ownership of the design and growth of our private cloud. The person hired for this role will build the foundation for how we manage our physical infrastructure in the future.
This is an opportunity to be part of a team that’s building a platform for engineers like you to manage large private clouds. This role is crucial to the next phase of growth for the company.
We look for these qualities in a candidate:
- We are looking for a Network Engineer with at least 5 years building and managing production network infrastructure
- A passion for documentation and automation. We have a strong culture of replacing manual processes with repeatable automation
- Familiarity with configuration and management of Layer 2/Layer 3 physical network infrastructure
- Knowledge of networking technologies such as BGP, ISIS/OSPF, MPLS, GRE/VXLAN etc...
- Router and firewall administration experience (Juniper prefered)
- Experience in network management, DNS management, switch configuration, STP, VRRP, VLANs, security and best practices, VPN (IPsec), etc.
- Experience with Linux administration (CentOS and Ubuntu preferred)
- Proficient in one or more scripting languages
- A positive attitude and an ability to work with multiple competing demands on your time
Skills that will give you an edge:
- One or more of the following certifications: CCNP, CCIE, JNCIP, JNCIE
- Knowledge of OpenStack, KVM, or Kubernetes is highly desirable
- Configuration Management using Salt, Ansible, Puppet or Chef
- Knowledge of cloud computing infrastructure and automation: AWS, Google Cloud Platform, boto, etc.
- Comfortable with industry standard practices related to security
- Experience with alerting systems, monitoring tools and performance metric-gathering tools.
As a growing startup, Platform9 offers the following benefits:
- Competitive salary and equity
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage for you and your family
- Disability benefits
- Paid parental leave
- Relocation support
- 401(k) plan
- Flexible work hours
- Flexible vacation policies
- Catered lunches
- On-site massages