We are seeking a Manager of Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) who wants more than just a job. The right person for us comes to work with a purpose – someone who wants to do work that matters – to themselves, their team, and their organization. We want a self-motivated, driven Manager of FP&A who “gets it done, whatever it takes,” and thrives in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. You relish accountability rather than avoid it. “That’s not my job” is not a part of your vocabulary. You enjoy challenges and are ready to make a transformative impact on the FP&A function in an exciting and growing company.
As a key member of the FP&A organization, you will partner with various constituents within the organization to develop Budgets, Forecasts, Reporting, Analyses, Metrics, Tools and Processes. You will drive financial transparency and provide financial insights that lead to decisions yielding maximum, long term value for the business.
In this highly visible position you will be a key partner to the Sr. Director of FP&A in taking the FP&A function to a new level of sophistication and efficiency. You should be the sort of teammate who embraces a collaborative work style and possesses a clear customer and operations focus, with a passion for business support. If you are a change agent, thought leader and builder, this is a great role for you!
Specific Objectives and Responsibilities:
- Internalize Carbonite’s culture and values. This is a key to future success.
- Develop dynamic financial models that provide periodic performance assessments, accurate assessments of future expectations, and options/opportunities to address gaps and drive improvements.
- Lead the development of the Annual Budget and Operating Plan(s) in key business functions, including aggregation of necessary data, development of supporting models, and coordination with business leaders to determine assumptions, and establish key benchmarks.
- Drive improvements to key financial planning and forecasting systems, standardize performance management processes and metrics for the organization.
- Contribute to completion of monthly/quarterly forecast updates, including all related reporting.
- Analyze financial, operational, and accounting data; develop/deliver reports to business segments.
- Perform ad-hoc analysis to support various business initiatives and special projects.
- Provide reporting, metrics and KPI’s to improve key operational drivers and enable effective management, decision-making and execution.
- Recap and analyze business results versus plan and forecast on a weekly, monthly, quarterly and ad-hoc basis.
- Build ad-hoc projections and provide decision support to leadership.
What will make you successful at Carbonite:
- A track record of good judgment and decision-making in positions with significant responsibility
- Highly autonomous and able to independently identify high value projects and drive them to completion
- Demonstrated leadership capability in cross-functional team environments
- High degree of comfort with complex technical environments
- Having and being able to articulate/defend an informed opinion on important topics
Skills & Experience:
- Proven leadership/accomplishments partnering with key executives and senior leaders.
- Mastery of financial modeling, process building and systems/financial tools implementation and improvement.
- Experience leading and/or creating a progressive FP&A organization.
- 7+ years of progressive experience in financial planning, reporting and analysis, preferably for a global public company.
- BS in Finance or Accounting. BS in Finance preferred. MBA is a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Comfortable working with and articulating financial concepts to department managers and senior executives.
- Exceptional computer skills with a range of relevant financial software packages; expert Excel skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- High degree of initiative; results-oriented.
- Detail-oriented and eager to adapt to and drive change.
- Demonstrable success managing multiple priorities.
- Track record of excellence in fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Strong sense of personal and professional ethics