This is a fantastic opportunity for a detail oriented individual with excellent problem solving and communication skills to join a growing company in the technology space!
Reporting to the Manager, Accounts Receivable & Order Entry, the Accounts Receivable Specialist will be responsible for the day to day accounts receivable operations. This individual will play a critical role in overseeing the accuracy of the entire accounts receivable process, including all aspects of collections, resolving customer invoice issues and accuracy in accounts receivable aging.
Specific Objectives and Responsibilities:
Your First Six Months:
Six to Twelve Months and Beyond:
- Gain understanding of the day-to-day business operations.
- Initiate collections on past due accounts to understand status of payments utilizing a professional and strategic approach.
- Constantly monitor the accounts receivable aging for accuracy and completeness to optimize communication.
- Process and post customer payments to open invoices while ensuring adherence to remit.
- Communicate with clients regarding invoice disputes and questions in a concise, effective and professional manner.
- Prepare and send customer statements.
- Manage the customer contact listing to ensure accuracy so that invoices are processed with correct details, sent to the correct contact, and any Purchase Order requirements are met.
- Participate in team meetings to discuss accurate aging report.
Key Challenges to Overcome:
- All of the above, plus;
- Gain comprehensive understanding of cross-functional team environment as it pertains to accounts receivable.
- Create a productive approach to cash application and account management.
- Identify high value projects and develop solutions within accounts receivable.
- Maintain ongoing customer relationships with a professional customer service mindset.
Success in this role is defined by attention to detail, collections results, and valuable insight into process improvement. As a member of a cross-functional team, there will always be opportunity for highly collaborative ideas and solutions to ensure seamless operation. Your individual contributions and efforts within the team will add value to Carbonite’s continued success with to effective, professional and friendly customer service.
What will make you successful at Carbonite:
- A track record of good judgment and decision-making in positions with significant responsibility.
- Highly autonomous and able to independently identify high value projects and drive them to completion.
- Ability to identify business impacting issues and suggested solutions with an analytical mindset.
- A team player with a proven track record of effective, interpersonal communication.
Skills & Experience:
- A Bachelor's degree with at least one year of experience or equivalent work experience in accounts receivable.
- Proven track record of professional internal and external communication.
- Ability to interact effectively with external clients is crucial.
- Excellent customer service, organizational and prioritization skills with high attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal and problem solving skills.
- Experience working with Excel, specifically utilizing VLOOKUP and pivot tables.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, NetSuite and Salesforce.com preferred.