Our primary product is to deliver the right medication to our customers at the right time without the hassle and frustration of the traditional healthcare system. Achieving this vision at scale requires a platform of software services to manage clinical data, coordinate operations and logistics, and interface with physicians and insurance companies. Our platform engineers must be great at quickly learning new systems and cutting through poorly structured data sources to help build a healthcare platform that guarantees a simple and easy way for our customers to manage their medications.
WHAT ARE SOME EXAMPLES OF WORK THAT OUR ENGINEERS HAVE DONE AT PILLPACK?
- Built a distributed authentication service
- Built a service to structure complex medication data and make it easily accessible to all of our applications through an API
- Deconstructed our analytics data pipeline into a series of services – making it scalable and real time
- Created a UPS gem to ensure we can take full advantage of their functionality
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES WE EXPECT FOR THIS ROLE:
- 3+ years in software development
- Experience building scalable web services in the platform of your choice (Ruby/Rails, Node.js, Django, etc)
- Experience designing service oriented architectures
- Experience working with poorly structured and complex real world data
- Desktop application development is a plus