PillPack is using design, service, and technology to change the way people think about medicine. We are a small, but growing company and you will have the opportunity to make a tangible impact on both the company as well as the quality of our customers lives by the help you provide and values you embody.
We thrive on friendly and creative team energy, aiming for an environment that is both productive and comfortable. We value team building where everyone is working hard to make a huge impact on the company together. We want someone who loves coming to work every day, and most importantly, cares deeply about their team and adding value.
If you are looking to gain experience in a dynamic, new pharmacy setting, this position is for you !
WHAT WILL I WORK ON EVERY DAY?
- Enter new prescriptions received via fax, phone, email, eScribe and enter appropriate drug, directions, time, prescriber and start date information into the pharmacy filling system
- Update customer profiles with accurate demographic, disease state and allergy information
- Request the refill of existing customer prescriptions into PillPack’s pharmacies
- Send out and receive existing customer prescriptions via fax
- Make external phone calls to prescribers and pharmacies
- Inform customers via their preferred route about the status of their refills
- Process denials received from prescribers
- Update customer profiles with accurate prescription information
- Receive incoming calls and quickly transferring calls, if necessary
- Verbal and written communication to external pharmacies, customers, and prescribers
- Management of daily task logs and collaboration with your team to prioritize workload
WHAT DO I NEED TO SUCCEED?
- High School Diploma or GED Required
- Proven computer and software skills
- Excellent communication skills over the phone and email
- Flexible, positive attitude
- Strong attention to detail and ability to follow up with minimal direction
- Ability to work in fast paced, high volume environment
- Active pharmacy technician license or willingness to get license
- Experience with retail or LTC pharmacy data entry strongly preferred
- National Certification as a Pharmacy Technician strongly preferred