We are looking for experienced product-aware engineers who can thrive in a team environment to deliver delightful web experiences to our customers. The right person will have a strong ability to understand the user they are building for and to participate in both the debate of what to build and also how to build it. We create great healthcare experiences by combining robots, legacy healthcare systems and modern APIs like those of Stripe, Twilio, AWS, and PokitDok.
The right person will know how to organize and manage the work of a group of 4-6 engineers, while still being able to participate as a technical contributor. A passion for coaching and mentoring younger engineers is essential in this role.
WHAT ARE SOME EXAMPLES OF WORK THAT OUR ENGINEERS HAVE DONE AT PILLPACK?
- Web dashboard for customers to manage medications and insurance
- Automated prescription refill management tool to guarantee that our customers always have the medications that they need
- An end-to-end shipping and logistics system to guarantee that our customers’ medications arrive on time
- Scalable service-oriented analytics data pipeline
- Customer notification service that integrates email, SMS, phone, and mobile push
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES WE EXPECT FOR THIS ROLE:
- BS in Computer Science or related field preferred
- 10+ years in software development
- Proven experience working with business stakeholders to define requirements
- Production experience with Ruby on Rails (or a similar web platform like Django or Node)
- Production experience with Vue.js (or a similar framework like Ember/React/Angular)
- Familiarity with open source RDBMS products (PostgreSQL preferred)
- Knowledgeable about Continuous Delivery and Continuous Integration techniques