We exist to celebrate human originality.
Our goal is to create a culture where smart, ambitious, and positive people can thrive. We value our community and want to improve our local schools, neighborhoods, and businesses. People are the most important element of our business. Our actions, words, and relationships represent what we believe and what we value. Since culture is the collective nature of the people working at Stance, we place a premium on the environment that fosters freedom and accountability across both individual and community levels.
These are the values we place above all others. We seek out individuals whose personal constitution of values overlaps with ours. We believe in living these values will bond our teams and create a company culture that our competitors can never duplicate. As a result, we hire and promote the individuals who get results in a way that aligns with our five core company values.
Stance Retail Assistant Store Manager Summary:
Stance is seeking a seasoned leader who desires the challenge of retail and the excitement of building something from the ground up. You will partner with the Store Manager to oversee the guest experience and operations for the retail store, ensuring effective implementation of brand culture and business initiatives. As Assistant Store Manager, you are accountable for driving sales, supporting the store team, and achieving operational excellence.
This position reports directly to the Store Manager.
As the Retail Assistant Store Manager, you will:
- Drive business results through a premium guest experience and employee relations that are aligned with Stance Culture and Operating Principles.
- Collaborate with Store Manager on recruiting, hiring and training for all positions.
- Provide direction, feedback, and coaching in order to foster the Stance Culture, collaboration and productivity amongst the Store Team.
- Uphold Stance’s Retail Operating Principles and operations best practices in the store.
- Analyze and monitor KPI’s and performance data to effectively collaborate with the Store Manager on strategies to achieve or surpass goals.
- Communicate with Store Manager and Buying & Planning team to manage inventory levels and maximize sales opportunities.
- Keep a pulse on the local market to ensure marketing plans and the product assortment is in line with trends and demands in the marketplace.
- Execute seasonal floorsets / visual merchandising directives within the store and maintain visual standards and brand image on a daily basis.
- Regularly review and communicate staffing, merchandising and operational needs to Store Manager.
- Manage and execute store product flow, overall BOH operations, supply needs, and store maintenance.
- Act as a liaison and connection between the Store Team and Store Manager.
- Provide seamless and complete support in the absence of the Store Manager.
- Effectively manage and coach any team member, on any task, in order to maintain successful operations of the store.
- Support new store openings, remodels, pop-ups and special events as needed.
- Have the ability to adapt to a fast-paced environment and respond to change effectively.
We are looking for someone with the following skills and qualifications:
- Minimum of 5 years’ retail leadership experience.
- BA or BS Preferred.
- Self-motivated leader with strong entrepreneurial skills, innate guest centric mindset, and market-aware vision.
- Shows elevated communication skills and can tailor style to suit the audience.
- Creative and adaptable team player with a winning and positive attitude.
- Ability and willingness to work weekends, evenings and holidays as needed.