We exist to celebrate human originality.
Our goal is to create a culture where smart, ambitious, and positive people can thrive. We value our community and want to improve our local schools, neighborhoods, and businesses. People are the most important element of our business. Our actions, words, and relationships represent what we believe and what we value. Since culture is the collective nature of the people working at Stance, we place a premium on the environment that fosters freedom and accountability across both individual and community levels.
These are the values we place above all others. We seek out individuals whose personal constitution of values overlaps with ours. We believe in living these values will bond our teams and create a company culture that our competitors can never duplicate. As a result, we hire and promote the individuals who get results in a way that aligns with our five core company values.
Summary of the Stance E-Commerce Engineer / Architect:
Are you passionate about data? This role will focus on bringing existing Stance data sources together into a central data warehouse where the company can more efficiently build analytics and internal reporting. This role should have experience bringing data warehousing to a startup environment while working with the different stakeholders throughout the business.
This position reports directly to the Manager Job Title.
As a Stance E-Commerce Engineer / Architect, you will:
- Work with product owner/tech lead to identify requirements for data integration and aggregation processes
- Identify data discrepancies and data quality issues, and work to ensure data consistency and integrity
- Develop, maintain, design, implement & monitor the data warehouse and related interfaces to other third-party data sources
- Perform day-to-day maintenance as well as backup and recovery services for databases as required
- Planning and implementing database system functions such as reviewing, applying, and testing patches and upgrades
- Implementing and documenting periodic database restore testing
- Help to facilitate the resolution of support / maintenance to meet customer expectations
- Communicate and coordinate with other teams to successfully resolve/support issues
- Preparing and maintaining general up-to-date documentation as required
- Document, and adhere to standard procedures and best practices
- Maintain compliance with GDPR
- Resolve questions and issues independently or working internally with the appropriate departments
We are looking for someone with the following skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree (BS) in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Responsible for Data Warehouse engineering with a minimum of 4-5 years of experience as a DBA / Engineer
- Experience with AWS and Redshift required
- Mastery of ETL tools and processes
- Knowledge of SQL Database backup/restore and other maintenance strategies
- Knowledge of Postgres/Redshift architecture, such as objects, schemas, system database
- Working knowledge of data analysis and visualization tools
- Understanding of index and query optimization
- Ability to troubleshoot and solve SQL database performance issues
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience with an E-Commerce company
- An ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation and change is the norm