We exist to celebrate human originality.
Our goal is to create a culture where smart, ambitious, and positive people can thrive. We value our community and want to improve our local schools, neighborhoods, and businesses. People are the most important element of our business. Our actions, words, and relationships represent what we believe and what we value. Since culture is the collective nature of the people working at Stance, we place a premium on the environment that fosters freedom and accountability across both individual and community levels.
These are the values we place above all others. We seek out individuals whose personal constitution of values overlaps with ours. We believe in living these values will bond our teams and create a company culture that our competitors can never duplicate. As a result, we hire and promote the individuals who get results in a way that aligns with our five core company values.
Summary of the Stance Culture Resource Specialist:
This person will be part of a team that is transforming traditional corporate culture, and as part of that team you will do things that are innovative and rewarding. The primary focus of this position will be to own payroll processing for the entire company. Additional responsibilities will involve supporting the Stance K.E.S. (Keeping Employees Stoked) Department as the company continues to grow and evolve.
This position reports directly to the Senior Culture Resources Manager.
As a Stance Culture Resource Specialist, you will:
- Manage the full cycle payroll function from collecting and reviewing timecards, to handing over fully compiled and reviewed payroll files. This includes processing bonuses, pay increases, and retro payments.
- Address issues and questions regarding payroll from employees and management team
- Manage tax and worker’s compensation reporting as required by various states
- Assist employees with payroll changes such as updating their banking information or updating their tax withholdings
- Facilitate new employee onboarding from drafting offer letters to sending out onboarding packets
- Enter all new employees in our HRIS and payroll systems
- Complete employee demographic changes in the company HRIS system such as: compensation changes, reporting structure, and job title changes
- Process final pay and compile offboarding documents for exiting employees
- Educate and help employees enroll in company provided benefits such as: medical, dental, vision, and 401k plan.
- Assist the Sr. Culture Resources manager as needed on special projects or time sensitive requests
We are looking for someone with the following skills and qualifications:
- Proven experience as payroll specialist or payroll manager
- Knowledge of multi-state payroll processing
- Solid understanding of payroll fundamentals and best practices
- Trustworthy with attention to confidentiality
- Outstanding organizational ability with great attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- BS/BA in Business, Human Resources, or Finance is a plus
- Three to five years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- PHR or SPHR Certification preferred.