Database Administrator at MobiTV
Emeryville, CA, US
We are looking for a Database Administrator to join our growing team in a fast paced, dynamic environment. This position will play a critical role supporting MobiTV’s video delivery solutions.
- Identification and resolution of hardware, software or database problems/outages in any of the MobiTV services
- These responsibilities require 24x7 coverage and response to systems alerts during after-hour periods
- Provide specific solutions and recommendations that make sure the system survives failures to the extent possible.
- Automate recurring DBA tasks.
- Work closely with Systems Engineering to test planned databases upgrades, including definitions, structures, and/or documentation, as well as provide input into long-range database requirements and operational guidelines
- You will work with Engineering to insure applications are making efficient use of our database resources
- Use best operating practices to establish and maintain security and integrity controls
- Formulate and monitor policies, procedures and standards relating to database management; propose and implement enhancements that will improve the performance and reliability of the system; proactively research and locate necessary tools and processes to identify and proactively avert troublesome trends, as they develop in order to ensure a stable and high performance environment for the MobiTV production systems
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years MySQL experience
- Experience with highly available database solutions / architectures such as Mysql Master/Master, MySQL Clustering, Mysql Sharding.
- Experience designing and maintaining MySQL production environments.
- Excellent SQL and PL/SQL skills.
- Strong SQL Programming with the ability to write complex SQL queries - understanding of views, stored procedures, triggers & an understanding of query optimization.
- Mysql Performance Tuning and Optimization Experience.
- Experience working in secure enterprise database environments.
- Experience with Mysql Backup and Restore technologies.
- Disaster Recovery Experience.
- Strong Perl and Shell scripting.
- Experience with Mysql Admin and Monitoring tools.
- Familiar and comfortable working in a Linux based database environment
- Experience with database layouts on high performance disk subsystems required
- Knowledge of an Enterprise Reporting Suite like Crystal Reports or Actuate desired