UrbanSitter is a leader and innovator in the on-demand economy, reinventing the process of finding trusted childcare. UrbanSitter leverages web, mobile apps, and the social graph to power a marketplace that connects parents to the babysitters most trusted by their community with the added convenience of real-time booking and payment. In doing so, we empower both parents and sitters to balance and pursue their choice of education, career, family, and self.
UrbanSitter is located in the heart of the Financial District in San Francisco. The company offers competitive salaries and benefits that include comprehensive health coverage, stock options, babysitting credits, and team building activities. UrbanSitter was named Best Consumer Application or Service in the San Francisco Business Times Technology & Innovation Awards and San Francisco Magazine’s Best Babysitting Service in both 2015 and 2016.
About the Job
Our Member Services team is looking for a new full-time Associate! We are a small, hard-working team operating in a company in its high-growth, startup stage, so we'd love to bring on a new teammate that is highly motivated and well-rounded.
The responsibilities of this role are dynamic and will regularly call upon your ability to independently solve problems, prioritize, and be inventive. For this reason, this role is great for those looking for a fast-paced, challenging customer-facing position. This role provides the opportunity to work from home on a regular basis.
The Associate position is essential to the success of our Member Services team. We're looking for a positive, collaborative, and driven individual who enjoys supporting our members via email. To be successful in this role, you must be passionate about helping others and interested in written communication. We look forward to hearing from you!
- Provide quick, accurate, and friendly service to the UrbanSitter community
- Compose thoughtful and accurate messages or customize prepared responses to customer emails and/or chats, including in urgent situations
- Identify and escalate issues appropriately
- Research, troubleshoot, and report problems using available resources
- Arbitrate situations between parents and sitters
- Moderate user-generated content
- Monitor and control numerous concurrent tasks
- Proactively and independently work to meet targets and goals
- Proactively suggest and lead projects to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of our department, as approved by your manager
- Actively monitor team reports and platform behaviors to identify problematic actors and keep the community safe, trusted, and in-line with our terms of service
- Be an active member of at least one specialized support team (Trust & Safety, Reliability, Payments, etc.) and be able to document processes and procedures for that team as well as train others in your specialty
- You are able to work five days a week including either Saturday or Sunday on a regular basis
- You are passionate about the childcare marketplace and providing an outstanding member experience
- You are patient, empathetic, and possess a unique ability to manage a dynamic workload
- You embrace change, learn quickly, and act accordingly in an ever-changing environment
- You are able to work under pressure and rise to meet challenging situations
- You are a skilled and eloquent writer
- You possess strong communication and interpersonal skills
- You are always willing to learn new tasks
- You are comfortable with technology and are able to pick up new technology quickly
- You are fluent in English
Our Ideal Candidate
- You have 1-2 years of relevant experience.
- You are available to work until 7:00 PM on some or all of your work days
- You are an active, passionate UrbanSitter user
- You are familiar with support ticketing systems, especially ZenDesk
- You have professional experience communicating on social media
- You have professional experience with Trust & Safety in an online marketplace
- You have professional experience with accounting tools such as Braintree or Forte
- You are familiar with browser-specific nuances and troubleshooting
- You have professional experience supporting or testing a mobile application (specifically on iOS or Android devices)
- You have a high-level proficiency in Excel and/or Google suite of collaboration products
- You are fluent in Spanish
To apply, please submit the following via email with the subject line "Member Services Full-Time Associate":
- Your resume
- A brief cover letter: tell us about your experience, achievements, interests, and why you want to work at UrbanSitter
UrbanSitter is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.