The NOC Administrator is responsible for monitoring and maintaining MobiTV's 24x7x365 media services, with uptime standards found in broadcast television. Candidate will be responsible for finding, troubleshooting and resolving all technical outages as well as assisting with enhancement integration and change management processes. Administrator must be capable of learning MobiTV’s application systems and software and will be responsible for the ongoing ownership of several enterprise applications spanning multiple technologies. Lead selected projects that involve cross department resources to integrate new applications/functions.
· Primary support for MobiTV production environment with unrelenting focus on uptime and quality of production services
· Proactively identify and resolve all MobiTV service affecting issues.
· Escalate complex issues timely and appropriately to Sr. Operations team and/or Engineering.
· Maintain overall health of MobiTV services by performing routine administrative functions and quickly responding to all production outages.
· Ensure all enhancements follow the proper change management processes.
· Learn MobiTV’s systems and provide feedback to Engineering to increase the performance, operability and reliability of MobiTV’s products where appropriate.
· Must be available to work 4-10 hour days. Shifts rotate every 2 months.
· Ability to work swing and grave shift and flexibility with shift changes.
Experience and Qualifications
· 1-2 years in Linux/Redhat server administration experience and windows 2K3 admin experience.
· 1-2 years application support experience
· Excellent in customer service support, verbal and written skills
· Excellent troubleshooting and debugging capability
· Strong aptitude for learning quickly, adapting to fast paced environment and handling competing priorities
· Any general knowledge with the following is a plus: XML, Python, Oracle, MySQL
· Ability to professionally react to high-priority requirements with little or no notice.
· Some experience in one or more of the following is helpful, but not required:
· Internet Service Provider / Application Service Provider
· Server hosting / server farms
· Broadcast Television / Multimedia environments, and other large scale, production, commercial systems