We are looking for an awesome DevOps Engineer who loves to build automated, robust and highly scalable operating environments for software. At Platform9 you will have the opportunity to work on infrastructure that will help us build and deploy our software quickly, securely and repeatably.
At Platform9 you can be part of a team that's building a platform for engineers like you to manage large private clouds. This gives you the opportunity to work on the core product as well as the infrastructure behind it.
We look for the these qualities in a candidate:
- A passion for automation. We have a strong culture of replacing manual processes with repeatable automation
- Experience with different flavors of Linux
- Proficient in one or more major languages such as Python, Java, Ruby, etc.
- Customer driven: you must be willing to sweat the details to delight users
- Quality: must be proficient in writing maintainable, testable code
- A positive attitude and an ability to work with multiple competing demands on your time
Skills that will give you an edge:
- Knowledge of OpenStack, KVM, VMware or Docker is highly desirable
- Experience with build automation and continuous integration tools
- Configuration Management using Salt, Ansible, Puppet or Chef
- Experience with cloud computing infrastructure and automation: AWS, Google Cloud Platform, boto, libcloud
- Best practices with disaster recovery: backup and recovery, snapshots, always-up systems
- Comfortable with industry standard practices related to security
- Network troubleshooting skills
- Knowledge of source code control systems like git.
- Hands-on experience with server administration: RAID, NFS, package managers, file systems
- Experience with managing physical servers
- Experience with alerting systems, monitoring tools and performance metric-gathering tools such as collectd
- Experience with MySQL or other databases
- Startup culture with the freedom to innovate and take initiative
- Rapidly growing company
- Periodic company paid lunches and happy hours
- 401(k) plan and competitive benefits