DESIGN AT PILLPACK
We are using design, service, and technology to change the way people think about medicine. Design has been a vital part of our company’s DNA since our founding days as a startup-in-residence at IDEO Cambridge. We are a small, but growing company and you’ll have the opportunity to make a big impact on both the company and our customers’ lives. We believe design is just as much about balancing behavior and emotion as it is about utility and ease.
Your ideas come from research you’ve conducted and experiences you’ve had. You’ve turned those ideas into sketches and interactive prototypes, and tested them with end users. You’ve worked closely with product managers to define and research problems, and engineers to help develop and refine the end product. You have experience in all parts of the design process.
You’ll get to work on-site in our Somerville/Cambridge office. You’ll be a key part of a multidisciplinary product team that includes product managers, engineers, data scientists, and others.
Your Experience & Skills
- 5+ years of designing digital products
- A portfolio of products and experiences that you’ve helped launch into the real world
- Ability to design at both a systems-level, feature-level, and for the end-to-end product experience
- Ability to clearly articulate design decisions and understand trade-offs
- Experience leading user research and testing
- Thoughtful design opinions and a keen eye for visual design
- Lo-fi & Hi-fi modern prototyping & software skills (we like Sketch a lot)
- Have cross platform design experience (Web, Android, IOS, email)
- Skills to manage your projects and coordinate with the team
What You’ll Work On
- You’ll use human-centered design methods to create and deliver a world-class customer experience in healthcare
- You’ll design websites, apps and other experiences that help new customers switch to PillPack and manage their account, as well as physical products that our customers receive
- You’ll design applications, tools and workflows for our pharmacy to support customers and our industry-leading customer experience
- You’ll work with other designs and cross-disciplinary partners (including those in the Pharmacy) to ship your work
- You’ll design PillPack, the company — we’re a fast paced company and always trying to improve the way we make and work together