PillPack is a pharmacy that makes it simple to take the right medications at the right time. We combine convenient packaging, modern technology, and personalized service to create a system that enables people to take the right medications every day. This means they can spend less time dealing with error-prone pill boxes or manual solutions and more time doing the things they enjoy.
We thrive on friendly and creative team energy, aiming for an environment that is both productive and comfortable. We value team building where everyone is working hard to make a huge impact on the company together. We are looking to build our bench of junior accounting professionals to add depth to our Finance and Operations teams. Our department translates transactional information into usable data, establishes financial budgets and goals for our operating teams, and makes investment decisions about headcount and capital expenditures. We’re looking to add a Financial Planning Analyst to support our operational leaders to help predict and monitor labor spend, and project success.
We’re looking for people committed to managing the financial health of the company, while navigating through the typical challenges of a rapidly growing start-up. To be successful here, you’ll need to be entrepreneurial about taking initiative, but structured about details and deadlines.
A LITTLE ABOUT YOU
- You’re into numbers and data. You’re always saying that you can’t manage what you don’t measure. You’re intrinsically motivated, but driven by deadlines. You have a solid foundation in Finance, but with a strong operational mindset. You know how to translate operational objectives into financial metrics. You can effectively bridge the Operations and Finance teams, helping the Operations team build and manage to budgets. Your primary function here will be to support the financial health of the company. To this end, you will own financial reporting; you’ll provide metrics and analysis that will support our operating teams. You are proficient at Excel and at building financial models.
WHAT YOU’LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR
- Develop financial targets and track performance versus both budget and historical periods, identifying trends, and surfacing issues
- Compile and track KPIs related to customer acquisition, revenue retention, prescription growth, and labor statistics
- Build financial models/budgets to support Operations team
- Maintain & update annual budget and models/projections
- Provide ad-hoc analysis to support investment decisions
- Work with Operations leaders to develop and predict labor budgets and track them
- Work closely with the corporate finance team on labor attributions
- Help to predict financial gains for operations projects
WHAT SKILLS/QUALIFICATIONS DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED?
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or related field required
- 1-3 years of experience
- Flexibility in travel (4 days based in Manchester, NH and 1 in Somerville, MA office)
- Incredibly detail oriented and ability to be a self starter
- Collaborative team player with ability to communicate effectively with all levels of leadership
- Flexible and eager to learn new things; ability to adapt as the team needs evolve