Platform9 engineers work on next-generation technologies that are disrupting the status-quo in the private cloud space. Our key differentiator is the time-to-value with Platform9’s approach to enabling cloud infrastructure.
We are looking to hire a Cloud Support Engineer who is an expert in troubleshooting, quick learner, enthusiastic, highly motivated and provides excellent support experience while making enterprise customers successful with their open source clouds. In this position, the engineer shall interact with sysadmin/DevOps engineers of the customer and assist them solve issues arising in their OpenStack/Kubernetes environment. This role involves continuous learning and sharpening of OpenStack/Kubernetes skills. As a Cloud Support Engineer, you will be responsible for technical support and consultation for Platform9’s growing customer base. This role reports into our Sr. Manager of Customer Success.
- Understand, troubleshoot and resolve all customer use cases and requirements
- Monitor customer deployments and proactively detect and report problems
- Reproduce customer environments in a local lab while detecting and submitting bugs
- Address customer support questions and respond with solutions in a timely manner while meeting SLA’s
- Represent the voice of our customers internally to the Platform9 product & development team and help influence product roadmap
- Work closely with engineering teams to discuss customer issues, feature enhancements, bug fixes and involve engineering to participate in webex troubleshooting sessions as needed
- Build tools and services that enable measurement of our customer support process and improve Customer Success
- Contribute to documentation (KB's, SOPs, runbooks) around troubleshooting and feature details
- Communicate best practices, reference architectures and other training material to customers
As a key member of our team, you will have the opportunity for technical growth and to make a significant contribution to the growth of enterprise open source clouds across the globe. Apart from providing support to customers, the role involves creating and maintaining automation systems which help reduce human involvement in resolving incidents.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with customer escalations by responding via portal, webex or phone to resolve customer cases/escalations as needed
- Administration experience in Linux and knowledge of storage, networking subsystems
- Good understanding of virtualization and container technologies in one of the following: VMware, KVM, libvirt, Xen, Docker
- Basic networking knowledge - DNS, DHCP, ICMP, IP Addressing
- Understanding and having basic knowledge of Kubernetes
- Understanding control flow of OpenStack & how to troubleshoot OpenStack components
- Good knowledge of what calls are made when user triggers actions in OpenStack: taking a snapshot, creating a tenant, building a VM
- Experience in OpenStack components communication channels using basic python or bash scripts
- Knowledge of OpenStack satellite technologies (mysql, ovs, rabbitmq, network namespaces, hypervisors, mongodb, etc)
- Subject matter expert (SME) on one or more Infrastructure vertical: virtualization-KVM, virtualization-ESX, networking-neutron, storage-cinder, storage-ceph, etc.
- Working knowledge of distributed storage solutions (iSCSl, ceph, swift)
- Overall working experience with databases and message brokers (mysql, rabbitmq)
- Experience working on configuration management tools (puppet, chef, salt, ansible, cobbler)