Marketplace Account Executive at IfOnly
San Francisco, CA, US
“Calling all curators!”
This is a fantastic opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a fast-paced, quickly growing
startup with lots of potential career opportunity. There will be a base salary plus uncapped
commission, contingent upon performance. You will also receive competitive benefits, paid
vacation, and stock options.
Who are we looking for?
IfOnly, a marketplace for experiences backed by Mastercard, American Express, Condé
Nast, and top VCs such as NEA and Khosla Ventures, is seeking Marketplace Business
Development Representatives. This team is the key to fostering supply growth of our ever
expanding marketplace, launching new markets, and solidifying efficient sales processes.
IfOnly currently sells thousands of local experiences from oyster shucking in Tomales Bay to
cupcake making with Kara from Kara's Cupcakes. Current markets include San Francisco,
Los Angeles, Las Vegas, Chicago, New York, Boston, and Miami.
In this role, you will be responsible for identifying and developing relationships with
potential IfOnly luminaries (vendors). A luminary can be a business, or individual with a
talent or experience to offer. Most importantly, you will be driving ongoing measurable
results for the number of verified vendor leads through high-volume telephone and email
Candidates must be hungry for success, eager to learn, and comfortable working in a
fast-paced, open environment. We are looking for enthusiastic tastemakers to play a
fundamental role in achieving ambitious vendor acquisition goals by contacting targeted
businesses and individuals via telephone and email. You will be connecting the doers of the
world with incredible experiences and lasting memories. Thus, individuals fit for the role
should be both hunters and curators.
● Identify and source potential leads
● Vet leads to turn them into high quality opportunities
● Secure highly qualified local luminaries in both established and new IfOnly markets
through diligent outbound efforts
● Minimum of either 60 dials/touchpoints per day or 3 hours of logged phone
time until quotas are effectively met
● Effective voicemail and email cadence in tandem with all touchpoints
● Educate prospects about IfOnly’s platform, affiliation advantages, and onboarding
process during set or on-the-fly appointments
● Generate consistent follow-up communication until luminary sign-up is completed
● Provide explicit answers to FAQs including: experience ideation, pricing
recommendations, payment process, content and copy upload, etc.
● Record effective notes and status changes in CRM
● Meet/exceed monthly targets
● Receive and implement useful feedback from all colleagues
● Provide feedback to help drive new markets or process changes
● Lead by example to shape the future of the Marketplace Sales Team
Why work here?
IfOnly is a unique company with broad goals so there are many reasons to join our team.
Maybe you’re passionate about helping build and shape a fast-growing tech company with
huge potential, or you love food, sports and pop culture, or you want to help charities
develop lucrative, dependable revenue streams to support their worthy causes. Whatever
your passion, IfOnly offers many sources of inspiration. And of course, the chance to
participate regularly in some very cool experiences isn’t a bad motivator either.
This sell is unlike no other. We do not ask luminaries (vendors) to discount their services
(they may list experiences at any price), we do not ask for any money up front (there is no
cost of advertising), and each luminary has the chance to increase their social impact for
the better in their community through donating a portion of the sale to a charity of their
We create together, we grow together, we laugh together. We pitch in and support each
other. There is never a dull moment at IfOnly and even the occasional celebrity sighting!
● BA/BS degree from a college or university
● 6 months-2 years Sales and/or Business Development, preferably SMB
● Measurable track record of exceeding monthly and quarterly goals
● Experience in hospitality or lifestyle industry a plus
● Experience with high-volume phone and email outreach
● Experience with pipeline management and efficient work-flow
● Experience with CRM system(s) is a plus
● Ability to identify and source quality leads through independent research
● Ability to reach dozens of prospects per day via phone and email
● Superior verbal and email communication competency
● Strong ability to carefully listen to and implement feedback
● Professional, hospitable and outgoing phone presence
● Ability to create urgency and accountability
● Intuition to customize conversations according to recipients reaction
● Successful at handling and overcoming objections
● Highly motivated, resourceful, with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple
● Exceptional organizational skills, with a demonstrated ability to apply them to
internal systems and processes
● Must be a team player
● An entrepreneurial, high-energy self-starter who can take the ball and run with it!
Please submit your résumé and cover letter.