We are looking for a Software Engineer with proven expertise in building reliable and scalable test infrastructure. Platform9 needs engineers that are excited about building test frameworks that will be used by developers across the company to improve our test coverage and quality.
We are looking for engineers who can understand use cases and test coverage goals and write the code that enables the engineering team to write effective tests for them. You will be part of a team that will own the quality of our product and the metrics that define it.
We look for these qualities in a candidate:
- BS or Masters degree in Computer Science or related discipline; Extensive relevant work experience is also acceptable.
- Comfortable in Linux based environments
- 3+ years of experience in building test infrastructure, automation tools and writing test code.
- Proficiency in writing reliable well tested and maintainable code, preferably in Python.
- Experience with build/release and continuous integration systems like Jenkins or Teamcity highly desired.
- Experience with continuous delivery infrastructure will be highly valued
Skills that will give you an edge:
- Must be passionate about work with ability to work in a highly dynamic environment.
- Prior experience with cloud/virtualization technologies
- Experience with test frameworks or libraries like Python mock, nosetests, phantomjs, etc.
- Experience with building lightweight web-services
As a growing startup, Platform9 offers the following benefits:
- Competitive salary and equity
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage for you and your family
- Disability benefits
- Paid parental leave
- Relocation support
- 401(k) plan
- Flexible work hours
- Flexible vacation policies
- Catered lunches
- On-site massages
What to expect from the interview process
- If you’re interested, please send us a resume and a short paragraph or two about why you want to work at Platform9.
- Work sample – If we believe you’ll be a good fit, you’ll be given a small coding problem. You can implement the solution in any programming language you like, and we’ll use hackerrank for automated testing of your solution. It’s designed to take a few hours of your time, and we’ll give you plenty of time to complete it.
- Phone interview – If you pass the work sample test, we’ll conduct a phone interview. In this interview we’ll talk about your past experience, interests and try to assess if your background is a good fit.
- In-person interview – If the phone interview goes well, we’ll invite you to the Platform9 office for an in-person conversation with our team.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.