Platform9 makes cloud-hosted management systems for open source software on customer infrastructure. Many of our customers operate their own hardware, and use Platform9 to deploy, upgrade and support Openstack and/or Kubernetes on their hardware. Others use Platform9 to manage virtual machine or container workloads on AWS, GCP or Azure while some use a hybrid of on-premise and public cloud infrastructure. In other words, Platform9 enables its customers to get the most out of their cloud infrastructure in the least amount of time.
We’re a 4 year old company with approximately 50 employees currently. We work on a variety of customer infrastructure at all ranges of scale, with different virtualization, networking and storage configurations.
You can read more at:
Some of our past talks can be found here:
Platform9 at TechFieldDay 10
Platform9 Introduces Omni
Platform9 at KubeCon 2016
Our team builds robust, scalable distributed systems that provide delightful customer experiences. As a fast-moving startup, we have the satisfaction of seeing our work directly affect our customers on a daily basis.
- You can work well as a member of a highly integrated team composed of both technical and non-technical members.
- Work closely with product teams, QA, and operations to deliver high quality products that realize value for Platform9 customers
- Manage technical programs, keep track of milestones, deliverables and schedules for all the various moving parts to come together
- You have excellent communication skills to understand and set up effective feedback loops for efficient software delivery
- Proactively monitor and identify issues and risks, as well as their resolution
- You have 3+ years of experience working in a team that has created and shipped software to users.
- You’re willing to learn various new technologies. The “cloud native” field of software is rapidly evolving: you’ll need to stay aware of it and quickly learn new technologies whenever necessary or relevant.
- You can manage/juggle competing priorities without loss of efficiency.
- You are capable of leading through influence; holding individual leads accountable to the greater project goals.
Benefits & Policies
As a growing startup, Platform9 offers the following benefits:
- Competitive salary and equity
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage for you and your family
- Disability benefits
- Paid parental leave
- Relocation support
- 401(k) plan
- Flexible work hours
- Flexible vacation policies
- Catered lunches
- On-site massages
What to expect from the interview process
- If you’re interested, please send us a resume and a short paragraph or two about why you want to work at Platform9.
- Phone interview – If we believe you’ll be a good fit, we’ll conduct a phone interview. In this interview we’ll talk about your past experience, interests and try to assess if your background is a good fit.
- In-person interview – If the phone interview goes well, we’ll invite you to the Platform9 office for an in-person conversation with our team.
- We’ll let you know of our decision either way within 7 days.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.