Over the next 10 years, biotech will fundamentally rewrite the way we live. Gene editing and cell therapy will dramatically change how we treat cancer and other major illnesses. Biofuels and biomaterials will transform the cars we drive, the clothes we wear, and the makeup of everyday objects. Crop science and synthetic biology will produce sustainable and ethical food. Benchling's mission is to accelerate the research that propels us towards this future, and magnify its impact, through modern software.
Every day, scientists around the world use Benchling in their efforts to solve humanity's most pressing problems. For these scientists, Benchling is the central technology they use to conduct their research.
Benchling was founded by a team of MIT graduates and has raised funding from Benchmark, Andreessen Horowitz, Thrive Capital, and Y Combinator. Our customers include pharmaceutical giants, leading biotechs, and the world's most renowned research institutes.
We are looking for a Deal Desk Leader who will play a critical role in scaling and growing Benchling’s Sales team and revenue.
- Report directly to the Head of Sales Operations to build Benchling’s first Deal Desk function
- Manage direct reports on the Deal Desk team and set the vision for the group as the company scales globally
- Partner with the Sales team to support deal flow and implement strategies to help Account Executives win deals
- Own ongoing optimization of the proposal-to-order process
- Assist and help drive customer contract negotiations
- Build out Benchling’s first commercial contract catalogue and tracking system
- Develop scalable processes that ensure sales order compliance
- Monitor day-to-day deal flow to ensure that our deals meet compliance standards internally and externally
- Work with Sales leadership to develop processes and policies that govern customer relationships
- Develop a Pricing & Discounting framework that supports all customer segments
- Partner with Sales Enablement Program Management in designing deal desk onboarding sessions for new hires and delivering content for new hire classes
- Have 4+ years in a SaaS Deal Desk role, or comparable function, and are looking to scale the function at a growing company
- Have people management experience
- Have experience negotiating and redlining commercial contracts (JD is a plus)
- Are excellent at listening to others and expressing ideas in written and oral form
- Deeply understand customer's needs and the value proposition being offered
- Are able to partner with several cross-functional teams
- Have worked across multiple stakeholders
- Can identify new opportunities and provide sound reasoning for strategy decisions
- Ability to explain complex concepts in a clear, succinct and concrete way
- Ability to manage deadlines and deal with ambiguity and change
- Experience working in the Life Sciences industry is a plus
- Empower through information. We explain the “why” behind every decision, unless there are highly sensitive circumstances. We're honest about how we're doing, especially in difficult times. We believe that sharing information builds trust and enables better decision-making.
- Rely on tenacity. Hard work is one of the greatest factors to determine success and is fully under our control. We must make the most of every day by bringing the highest level of determination. Dreaming big is not enough.
- Raise the bar. Pushing ourselves and others to improve will be uncomfortable and at times result in failure. However, it's critical to our success. We're dedicated to creating a place where everyone feels challenged to improve.
- Build a lever. We choose to build tools and infrastructure that will help others make world-changing innovations. There's less glory in it, but in the words of Archimedes, "Give me a lever long enough and a fulcrum on which to place it, and I shall move the world."
PERKS AND BENEFITS
- Beautiful, light-filled office in the Financial District of SF
- Monthly health & wellness stipend
- Work with a talented yet humble team
- Meals and snacks covered
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Happy hours, company and team wide social events
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.