Benchling is the first modern software platform purpose-built for life science R&D. We are helping power breakthrough research on biotherapeutics, biofuels, and biomaterials at leading life science companies and the world's most renowned academic labs.
Over the next 10 years, biotech will fundamentally rewrite the way we live. Gene editing and cell therapy will dramatically change how we treat cancer and other major illnesses. Biofuels and biomaterials will transform the cars we drive, the clothes we wear, and the makeup of everyday objects. Crop science and synthetic biology will produce sustainable and ethical food. Benchling’s mission is to accelerate the research that propels us towards this future, and magnify its impact, through modern software.
Every day, scientists around the world use Benchling in their efforts to solve humanity's most pressing problems. For these scientists, Benchling is the central technology they use to conduct their research.
Benchling was founded by a team of MIT graduates and has raised funding from Benchmark, Andreessen Horowitz, Thrive Capital, and Y Combinator. Our customers include pharmaceutical giants, leading biotechs, and the world's most renowned research institutes.
Reporting to the CMO, the Head of Demand Generation will oversee teams running field marketing, digital marketing, marketing communications, and marketing operations. We are looking for a leader who can mentor and grow the marketing team, develop new account-based marketing programs, amplify the impact of our digital initiatives, and establish Benchling as an industry leader.
- Own the demand generation and pipeline targets to support the company’s revenue goals.
- Define a marketing plan, spanning different programs and channels, to achieve pipeline targets.
- Establish the demand generation model and marketing mix for different market segments from top 10 pharma to biotech startups.
- Develop new account-focused marketing programs to identify key decision-makers and target them through highly personalized campaigns.
- Work closely with the sales development team to increase the effectiveness of outbound prospecting.
- Partner with sales leadership to develop and execute regional/field programs.
- Define and drive co-marketing programs with product and go-to-market partners.
- Ensure tight integration of campaigns including but not limited to field events, direct mail, email marketing, digital ads, and outbound prospecting.
- Grow Benchling’s user summit into an industry event.
- Identify content requirements across the marketing and sales funnel.
- Amplify the Benchling brand through PR, social media, and customer evangelism.
- Obsess over marketing metrics including campaign ROI, account/contact engagement, marketing attribution models, and pipeline/bookings (sourced and influenced).
- Develop processes to manage campaign timelines, ensure program quality, and define budgets.
- 10+ years driving demand generation programs
- Strong field marketing and enterprise focus, preferably in B2B software or SaaS
- Experience driving thought-leadership and establishing a new software category
- Experience with high-touch/executive-level programs highly desired
- Familiarity marketing a complex, technical product a plus
- Ideally experienced growth from a startup to mid-size company
- In-depth knowledge of marketing metrics and measuring account engagement and attribution
- Experience mentoring and leading marketing teams
- Strategic and analytical thinker
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal, influencing, and relationship-building skills
- Proficient in Salesforce and marketing systems
- Empower through information. We explain the “why” behind every decision, unless there are highly sensitive circumstances. We're honest about how we're doing, especially in difficult times. We believe that sharing information builds trust and enables better decision-making.
- Rely on tenacity. Hard work is one of the greatest factors to determine success and is fully under our control. We must make the most of every day by bringing the highest level of determination. Dreaming big is not enough.
- Raise the bar. Pushing ourselves and others to improve will be uncomfortable and at times result in failure. However, it's critical to our success. We're dedicated to creating a place where everyone feels challenged to improve.
- Build a lever. We choose to build tools and infrastructure that will help others make world-changing innovations. There's less glory in it, but in the words of Archimedes, "Give me a lever long enough and a fulcrum on which to place it, and I shall move the world."
PERKS AND BENEFITS
- Beautiful, light-filled office in the Financial District of SF
- Monthly health & wellness stipend
- Work with a talented yet humble team
- Meals and snacks covered
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Happy hours, company and team wide social events
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.