Over the next 10 years, biotech will fundamentally rewrite the way we live. Gene editing and cell therapy will dramatically change how we treat cancer and other major illnesses. Biofuels and biomaterials will transform the cars we drive, the clothes we wear, and the makeup of everyday objects. Crop science and synthetic biology will produce sustainable and ethical food. Benchling’s mission is to accelerate the research that propels us towards this future, and magnify its impact, through modern software.
Every day, scientists around the world use Benchling in their efforts to solve humanity's most pressing problems. For these scientists, Benchling is the central technology they use to conduct their research.
Benchling was founded by a team of MIT graduates and has raised funding from Benchmark, Andreessen Horowitz, Thrive Capital, and Y Combinator. Our customers include pharmaceutical giants, leading biotechs, and the world's most renowned research institutes.
We are looking for a passionate Industry Advisor, Biopharma who loves creating winning value propositions, sharing their expertise, and being a trusted advisor to our customers.
- Become an expert on Benchling and develop tailored product/industry/use case positioning for different clients
- Leverage industry expertise and acquired Benchling knowledge to serve as trusted advisor to clients and account executives
- Partner with sales on building an effective sales process that showcases the strengths of Benchling
- Synthesize first-hand observations from Benchling clients into organized feedback used by other Benchling teams (sales, marketing, product, etc.) to better serve the industry
- Create killer sales tools including presentations, demos, and competitive positioning
- Engage with key customers on case studies, testimonials, and ROI analyses
- Minimum 7-10 years (4-6 years with advanced degree) in biopharmaceutical industry in either (i) a scientific / R&D role, or (ii) Research IT role
- Domain expertise across a range of biopharmaceutical research verticals and processes (e.g. antibody engineering, cell/gene therapy, vaccines, viral production, cell line engineering, etc. ) and/or IT systems (e.g. ELN, LIMS, process management, lab automation, etc.)
- Outstanding ability to convey value proposition and insights drawing from prior industry experience and acquired familiarity with Benchling products and use cases
- Polished presenter and trusted advisor to highly technical audience (research scientists, managers, executives)
- Sharp, analytical, and willing to question the status quo
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Self-starter with a dynamic, confident personality
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and wear multiple hats
- Creative and strategic thinker
- Willingness and enthusiasm to work directly with our customers across the world (domestic travel up to 50%, international travel up to 15%)
- Empower through information. We explain the “why” behind every decision, unless there are highly sensitive circumstances. We're honest about how we're doing, especially in difficult times. We believe that sharing information builds trust and enables better decision-making.
- Rely on tenacity. Hard work is one of the greatest factors to determine success and is fully under our control. We must make the most of every day by bringing the highest level of determination. Dreaming big is not enough.
- Raise the bar. Pushing ourselves and others to improve will be uncomfortable and at times result in failure. However, it's critical to our success. We're dedicated to creating a place where everyone feels challenged to improve.
- Build a lever. We choose to build tools and infrastructure that will help others make world-changing innovations. There's less glory in it, but in the words of Archimedes, "Give me a lever long enough and a fulcrum on which to place it, and I shall move the world."
PERKS AND BENEFITS
- Beautiful, light-filled office in the Financial District of SF
- Monthly health & wellness stipend
- Work with a talented yet humble team
- Meals and snacks covered
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Happy hours, company and team wide social events
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status