About the Role
At Uber, we are constantly looking for new product innovations that enables not only engaging and rewarding experiences for our Riders, but also makes lives easier for our Supply customer groups (drivers, restaurants, couriers, and truckers). There are two major opportunities that our Financial Products teams at Uber are focused on
- Building new payment experiences that not only incentivizes our Riders/Eaters, but also create business efficiency for Uber,
- Helping our Supply customer groups effectively and efficiently manage and spend the money that make on Uber.
Between new incentives like Uber Cash, partner products like co-branded credit/debit, gift cards, budgeting, effective saving tools, and access to affordable capital, there are endless opportunities for Uber to provide increasing value to our customers in this space. As an Engineer on this team, you will be focused on architecting, building, testing, launching, iterating and scaling the products, touching millions of customers' lives globally in the process.
What You'll Do
- Architect and implement new, end-to-end financial product experiences for Uber's Consumer and Supply bases, working within the Uber Rider/Driver/Eats/Restaurant product experiences
- Work cross-functionally with Engineering teams within the Financial Products organization across multiple sites, but also across the Rides and Eats Orgs to drive buy-in on new product experiences and engineering frameworks within the existing architectures
- Work closely with the engineering team with a keen eye towards scalable architecture to design and implement new 0 -> 1 integrations with an appetite to quickly scale from 1 -> n across multiple international markets.
What You'll Need
- Experience with writing, releasing, maintaining mobile code
- Strong expertise in Swift and Objective-C and deep understanding of iOS SDK
- Experience analyzing a feature in production using analytics and experiments
- Strong focus on high-quality mobile UI experiences
- Strong software engineering methodologies - meaningful and deeply-rooted opinions about testing and code quality, ability to make sound quality/speed trade-offs
- Owner mentality- you are a self-starter, you are comfortable with ambiguity, and you finish what you start
- A passion for user experience and designing the underlying app experiences that support beautiful, highly-functional experiences
- A love for the unknown and building 0 -> 1- this is a new team, working on a brand new product vision, spearheading a new site for the broader Financial Products organization
- Excellent communication & collaboration skills. A strong team player that can engage in both, 1) constructive and healthy discussion for the best idea to win, 2) collaborate with fellow engineers, and product, design to quickly build, test, launch and iterate on existing and new products
Bonus Points If
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science or a related field
- Experience with other programming languages
- Contribute to the wider iOS community via open source
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.