At Qualia, we are fundamentally transforming the way real estate professionals, lenders, and homebuyers manage real estate transactions, one of the nation’s largest industries. We are bringing together everyone involved in the closing process onto one shared, secure platform -- basically, we’re making buying a home in America easier, safer, cheaper, and less painful by moving the process online! Qualia was founded in 2015 by Forbes 30 Under 30 Award recipients Nate Baker, Joel Gottsegen and Lucas Hansen. The company is backed by top investors including 8VC, Bienville Capital, Menlo Ventures and Tiger Global and currently processes 15% of all US real estate transactions. Qualia is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has offices in Austin, TX.
We are looking for a dynamic, entrepreneurial technical leader to build and grow our infrastructure team responsible for production and QA infrastructure, application security, CI/CD platform and tools, desktop and application support for our rapidly growing teams in San Francisco and Austin.
As a senior technical leader and an experienced people manager, you've been in the industry for a while and have a proven track record of success in building and scaling SRE and DevOps teams and cloud infrastructure for a rapidly growing business. You are comfortable balancing multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a high bar for yourself and your team. You've thrived in many different environments and realize that each team is unique.
YOUR DAY TO DAY
- You will grow and manage our infrastructure team by attracting and mentoring high caliber engineers
- You will own stability, scalability and performance of our production/QA and CI/CD infrastructure
- You will provide technical leadership to the infrastructure team as well as to the entire engineering organization in architecting and building a highly-scalable SaaS platform
- You will be responsible for the security of our entire portfolio of products and services
- You will build and manage application and desktop support team in San Francisco and Austin.
YOUR BACKGROUND THAT LIKELY MAKES YOU A MATCH
- BS/MS in Computer Science or in a relevant field of study
- 7+ years of experience designing, troubleshooting and tuning large scale cloud systems
- 5+ years of technical leadership experience architecting and managing cloud infrastructure on AWS
- 3+ years of experience building and managing SRE and DevOps teams in a high growth environment
- Hands-on working experience with
- Container technology and container orchestration
- NoSQL databases
- Monitoring tools
- CI/CD tools
- Application security
- Proficiency in a variety of programming languages
- A strong leader and a team player with excellent execution and communication skills
- Experience in fintech and with large scale enterprise SaaS deployments is a strong plus.
- Our flat company structure empowers engineers to make product decisions.
- We have a collaborative culture where engineers mentor each other.
- Our team members take time to eat together and share conversations at our daily catered lunches.
- We have a fantastic location in a sunny office in downtown San Francisco, easily commutable from anywhere in the Bay Area by BART and MUNI.
- We offer generous compensation and benefits packages including medical, vision, and dental insurance and a flexible PTO policy.
ABOUT OUR ENGINEERING TEAM
- Our engineering team demonstrates and values technical thought leadership.
- Qualia’s Head of Design, Jack Lukic, is the creator of Semantic UI, one of the most popular open-source design frameworks. Qualia engineers learn this framework, and design patterns more generally, directly from the creator of the framework our front end is built on! Very few companies can say that.
- As part of our focus on continual learning and development, a Qualia team member gives an educational talk on something they’re interested in every Thursday to the entire engineering and product team. Topics range from Kolmogorov complexity theory to the definition of art, to models of existential risk.