About the Role
As a Product Analyst on the Financial Products team, you'll take an active role in shaping and implementing the product data science agenda across a global set of financial services and payment experiences; including the Uber visa card, debit card, and digital wallet. The team is at the intersection of consumer experiences, payments, and our core Rides and Eats businesses. You will be interacting with product, design, marketing, engineering, and partnerships to propose insights into how to enhance and grow Uber's financial products strategy. You will need to have a solid foundation in analyzing data, relating it to business problems, and communicating analytic results with product managers and decision-makers in a clear and actionable fashion.
What You'll Do
- Leverage data to conduct analyses on financial products' new initiatives, strategies and product roadmap. Analytical insights are used to enhance our understanding of user behavior, predict future performance of new cohorts, and personalize products to better target users for new or existing financial products.
- Define business metrics, including Key Performance Indicators, for financial products, in close partnership with Product Management and other leaders.
- Create dashboards and reports to regularly communicate experimental results, ad-hoc deep dives, and monitor key metrics to internal and external stakeholders.
- Create data pipelines to transform raw application data into a format usable for analysis with the use of SQL and open-sourced pipelining tools.
- Present findings to senior management to inform business decisions.
- Work closely with multiple product managers as thought partners across the rider, driver, and eater domain space. Collaborate with cross-functional teams like product, engineering, operations, and marketing, finance, growth, and more.
What You'll Need
- At least 2 years of experience in a quantitative analysis role.
- BA/BS/MS in Math, Economics, Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science, or other quantitative field preferred (advanced degrees are a plus).
- Excellent SQL skills, advanced Tableau/Excel/Sheets skills, and proficiency with Python or R for statistical analysis in order to work at scale with truly big data sets.
- Solid understanding of statistical methods.
- Ability to deliver on tight timelines and move quickly while maintaining attention to detail.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to execute on decisions.
- Ability to learn new methodologies, adapt to business needs, and to prioritize business goals.
- Organized with the ability to work in a self-guided manner, but knows when to ask for help.
- Superb communication, collaboration, and organizational skills with a general love of problem solving.
- Enthusiasm for disruption and an appetite to overcome challenges, internal and external, as you will be changing the way the world gets from point-a to point-b.
About the Team
We're a team that operates out of Uber's NYC / San Francisco / Amsterdam offices, and coordinates efforts with our global technology teams in Bulgaria and Hyderabad. We are committed to growing as a trusted financial partner for our users. As a member of our team, you will dig into the complex but rewarding world of financial services, payment experiences, and ship innovations across the globe. The team manages a portfolio of products that includes the Uber Driver Debit Card, Uber Cash, Uber Visa Card, Visa Local Offers, Uber Rides with (Amex) Platinum, and Uber Gift Cards (more in the works).
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.