About the Role
We are looking for an inspiring, strategic, customer-obsessed Head of Restaurant Operations for US & Canada Eats to deliver best-in-industry operations and a leading experience for our Restaurant Partners. This individual will be responsible for delivering against overall operational KPIs for US & Canada Eats in addition to managing the end-to-end experience for restaurants in the marketplace. As such, he/she will lead operational teams in data-driven work to improve today's operations and develop a research-driven point of view on the future customer experience. This individual will operationalize Uber teams, directly and indirectly, to deliver against these goals. This role reports directly to the Head of Restaurants for US & Canada Eats.
What You'll Do
- Build and manage a high functioning restaurant operations team (70 employees) across multiple domains and focus areas: program management, process management, etc.
- Incubate, scale, and optimize new capabilities and processes as needed to drive the Eats business forward
- Develop a strategic roadmap for new capabilities and new programs to support the constantly evolving online food delivery industry. Champion and drive successful execution of initiatives
- Deliver key operational metrics, while working closely with regional leadership and business partners (e.g., strategic finance) to make operational adjustments
- Introduce best practices and operational excellence in all areas of the organization
- Collaborate closely with business partner teams across Uber (e.g., Sales, Marketing, Product) to maximize the power of Uber's overall platform
- Work closely with our tech teams to innovate on our ability to grow our business & form best in world customer relationships
- Be a strategic thought leader on our US & Canada Restaurants leadership team
What You'll Need
- 12+ years of experience in companies with high growth and rapid change and business leadership roles (e.g., management consulting) with a track record of steadily increasing responsibility
- 8+ years of expense management responsibilities, particularly in a high growth, billion dollar revenue business. P&L management experience is an asset
- 8+ years in direct management and leadership (managed a team of at least 50)
- Has led and scaled teams in a high growth business environments, where market dynamics change frequently
- Well respected people leader with a track record of developing high performing teams
- Track record of successfully partnering with product, engineering, marketing, sales, and customer success to eliminate obstacles in efforts that drive future growth
- Strategic data driven leader who can help provide key insight and growth strategies for the business
- Exceptional communicator
- Experience in developing multi-year growth and/or operational excellence strategies
- Decisive, results oriented work style; high judgement decisions based on incomplete data
- Self starter with an analytical and collaborative orientation; thrives on change and comfortable with ambiguity
About the Team
The Restaurant Operations organization is part of the US & Canada Uber Eats business and reports to our Head of Restaurants. The organization is responsible for the portfolio-level strategy, operations, and customer experience for our 150,000+ restaurant partners, as well as partnering with our Sales, Customer Success, and Community Operations organizations on go-to-market. The portfolio of responsibilities includes key production activities such as restaurant onboarding and business policies, program management in areas such as restaurant experience, quality, and enterprise strategy, and new product introductions. The team is approximately 50 FTEs today and is growing to 70 people in early 2020.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.