About the Role
The S&P team is responsible for pushing our thinking beyond the here and now. They are responsible for digging into data, uncovering insights, then developing and socializing a viewpoint on where to play and how to win globally, and across our breadth of U4B solutions. They are deeply creative, balance "done" and "perfect", and possess a blend of analytical capabilities, strategic thinking, and emotional intelligence.
The S&P Manager role will take the lead in designing cross-functional collaboration frameworks, delivering strong data-driven analysis, and solving business critical problems (from tech to go-to-market).
If you love driving strategic thinking, digging into unstructured problems, and working with senior leaders in the organization to bring meaningful change, this role is for you.
What you'll do
- Own and lead multiple key strategic initiatives and new opportunity assessments across verticals & industries, performing a broad range of quantitative and qualitative analyses
- Act as a trusted strategic thought partner across U4B leaders including Guest, Health, and Eats for Business, and routinely present results of business case modeling and analysis
- Lead business planning cycles, ensuring balanced and proper headcount resourcing across teams, leverage the cross functional team to affect business outcomes, and ongoing tracking/optimization in partnership with counterparts on Strategic Finance
- Identify gaps and propose changes to existing policy, systems and process frameworks; develop scalable solutions and work to manage risks across the organization and develop best practices
- Leverage business intelligence, frameworks, and operational tactics to tackle the problems U4B leaders face; this includes initiatives around our strategy, planning, and collaboration
- Understand and track the global B2B market and local competition across all product lines. Compile competitive intelligence (e.g., product offering, go to market) and distill competitive insights
- Guide junior S&P resources via mentorship and training to support key initiatives
What you'll need
- 8-10 years experience in management consulting, organizational design, corporate strategy, or project management experience in a technology/media company
- Experience leading complex cross-functional projects independently and to a high degree of success and impact
- Highly analytical with strong financial modeling and complex problem solving skills (background in investment banking / consulting / business intelligence / strategy or related experience is preferred)
- Ability to work with with different team members to design processes and implement strategic projects that solve business challenges
- Ability to be independent, multi-task, and deal with time pressure in an unstructured environment; ability to work through uncertainty
- Analytical mindset and proficient with data analysis tools like SQL and Excel
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
About Uber for Business
Uber for Business builds products to make Uber the default choice for their business transportation needs at the employee, company, and customer level. This includes everything from our business platform that allows companies to easily adopt Uber for their business travel needs, to features like Business Profiles which make business travel more seamless for our millions of riders, and Uber Central that enables businesses to provide rides for their customers.