About the Role
The ATG Market Expansion Team is looking for a talented technical leader to grow the team of software engineers and data scientists delivering products crucial to the global expansion of self-driving vehicles. We are on the forefront of a transportation revolution and the tools you will help build will be the first of their kind. In addition to leading the team to deliver outstanding products, you will also contribute as a stellar architect and coder.
What You'll Do
- Grow and lead the Market Expansion Team in San Francisco
- Define a vision and roadmap for a team working across multiple stakeholders
- Architect microservices, APIs, and data pipelines
- Implement backend services, algorithms, and data stores
- Collaborate effectively and build relationships with partners in Pittsburgh, Toronto, Boulder, and San Francisco
What You'll Need
- Prior experience leading a team of software engineers, including planning work, setting milestones, and project execution
- People management experience building teams, nurturing careers, mentoring, managing under- and over-performers, and influencing cross-functional teams
- Excellent programming skills (we use Go & Python)
- Deep knowledge of algorithms, architectures, and data storage systems
- Demonstrated ability to lead high-function technical teams
- Prior experience working closely with product managers to design & deliver quality products
Bonus Points If
- Self-driving vehicle or aerial drone industry experience
- 4+ years work experience in data science, data engineering, or machine learning
- Graduate program in a related area
About the Team
The Market Expansion team specializes in building planning & analysis tools for determining where self-driving vehicles can safely operate, enhancing Uber's network. Our simulations, data pipelines, backend services, and interactive frontends are crucial for development and global expansion of self-driving vehicles from Uber and our partners.
At the Advanced Technologies Group (ATG), we are building technologies that will transform the way the world moves. Our teams in Pittsburgh, San Francisco, Boulder, and Toronto are dedicated to mapping, software and hardware development, vehicle safety, and operations for self-driving technology. Our teams are passionate about developing a self-driving system that will one day move people and things around more safely, efficiently, and cost-effectively.
At Uber, we believe technology has the power to make transportation more efficient, accessible, and safer than ever before. Self-driving technology has the potential to make these benefits an everyday reality for our customers, but it's not going to happen overnight. Building best-in-class self-driving technology will take time, and safety is our priority every step of the way. Operating inclusively and transparently, while displaying responsible behavior in a structured development are critical to safety. We at ATG seek candidates who will role model these values.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.