About the Role
We are looking to hire a Staff Accountant on the Global Consolidations & Intercompany Team to work on a multitude of projects and streamline processes. You will become a subject matter expert in multiple entity structuring, transfer pricing, and have a strong system knowledge of Hyperion/HFM. You will act as a cross-functional business partner to implement automation and create improvements to optimize the month-end close. You should work well in a dynamic environment and be able to recommend and implement process improvements, work independently and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
What You'll Do
- Partner with the International Tax Team to execute changes in the tax structure and transfer pricing arrangements
- Preparation of monthly intercompany JE's
- Perform monthly consolidation via HFM/Hyperion and ensure SOX compliance around consolidation
- Assist in entity mergers, dissolutions, and/or changes in the functional currency
- Perform reconciliation of intercompany accounts and own process to settle intercompany balances
- Perform analysis on the effects of foreign exchange to the P&L and balance sheet
What You'll Need
- 3+ years experience working in public accounting or in a large multinational corporation with strong GL experience
- Experience working on intercompany transactions and/or consolidations is beneficial
- Big 4 experience and CPA certification (or working towards it) is a plus
- Oracle R12 and HFM experience is a plus
- Excellent analytical skills, knowledge of accounting practices related to intercompany and foreign currencies, problem solving and prioritization skills
- Ability to work well independently in a dynamic environment and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
About the Team
The Global Consolidation and Intercompany Team is primarily responsible for the calculation of transfer pricing arrangements, the global consolidation process, and foreign currencies analysis.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.