At Qualia, we are fundamentally transforming the way real estate professionals, lenders, and homebuyers manage real estate transactions, one of the nation’s largest industries. We are bringing together everyone involved in the closing process onto one shared, secure, mobile system of record-- basically, we’re making buying a home in America easier, safer, cheaper, and less painful by moving the process online! Qualia is backed by 8VC, Menlo Ventures, and other top investors and is currently processing 15% of all US real estate transactions.
YOUR DAY TO DAY
Your work will focus on testing the functionality and design of our core web applications, microservices, and integrations with external software. Our QA department is small and the responsibilities are large, making this an excellent opportunity to become an important part of a rapidly growing team. We work fast at Qualia; our release cycle is short and our engineers are productive, so efficiency and thoroughness are paramount. If the prospect of working hard, learning new things every day, and being a part of a world-class product team sounds appealing, we would love to hear from you.
YOUR BACKGROUND THAT LIKELY MAKES YOU A MATCH
- 3+ years of experience in testing customer-facing products
- Ability to self-manage
- Highly conscientious
- Team oriented
- A quick learner
- Strong communication skills
- Experience with GitHub or other version control management systems
- Experience in enterprise SaaS or fintech preferred
(BONUS) PROFICIENCY WITH THE FOLLOWING
- macOS Terminal
- Chrome Dev Tools
- Meteor Dev Tools
- Atom (or equivalent text editor)
- Our flat company structure empowers engineers to make product decisions
- We have a collaborative culture where engineers mentor each other
- Our team members take time to eat together and share conversation at our daily catered lunches
- We offer generous compensation and benefits packages including medical, vision, and dental insurance and a flexible PTO policy
ABOUT OUR ENGINGEERING TEAM
- Our engineering team demonstrates and values technical thought leadership.
- Qualia’s Head of Design, Jack Lukic, is the creator of Semantic UI, one of the most popular open-source design frameworks. Qualia engineers learn this framework, and design patterns more generally, directly from the creator of the framework our front end is built on! Very few companies can say that.
- As part of our focus on continual learning and development, a Qualia team member gives an educational talk on something they’re interested in every Thursday to the entire engineering and product team. Topics range from Kolmogorov complexity theory to the definition of art, to models of existential risk.