Envoy makes workplaces work better. With a focus on the details, we craft beautiful, modern software that elevates the workplace experience. Companies like Google, Tesla, GitHub, Slack, Stripe and Pinterest, have worked with Envoy to welcome over 30 million visitors to more than 10,000 locations around the world. We are proudly backed by Andreessen Horowitz, Menlo Ventures, Initialized Capital, and many others.
Our mission is to challenge the status quo of workplace technology. This idea started at the front desk, where we set a new standard for visitor sign-in. Now, we’re looking around the office—to the mailroom, meeting rooms and beyond—and asking how can we make this better, too? We envision a world where technology is woven through our workplaces, all of it working together to make our time there delightful.
If this world sounds exciting, we’d love for you to help us build the Office OS.
About the role
The Envoy Support team provides front-line product and account support to customers at all points in the customer lifecycle. Our distributed team works with customers directly and provides internal support to Sales and Success teams too.
In this role, you will be leading and growing a team that supports our full product line and customer base. You will use industry best practice and cutting edge techniques to design software support that is light years ahead of our competitors. You understand that in today’s world, high availability and high satisfaction are a baseline and not a goal.
You will be a critical piece of the customer team’s global expansion. One of Envoy’s core values is to create great experiences - we believe this applies to our product and our customer interactions equally.
- Provide on-going training, coaching, scheduling, coaching, career growth and performance reviews to a high-functioning team. We’ve already set a high bar for ourselves, but we are always open for optimization and improvement.
- Manage day-to-day operations alongside planning and execution of long-term projects.
- Collaborate with all teams to drive a great customer experience. You have an innate knowledge of what drives positive customer interactions, but use data and customer stories to push meaningful change.
- Work closely with other leaders in the Sales and Success team to coordinate alignment, provide insight and drive growth.
- Oversee team process and data quality. You will be the first one to spot trends and start working towards improvement.
- Lead a flexible and capable team through a time of massive company growth. Understand that what works today might not be the best 6 months from now.
- Work directly with clients as needed. You are aware of the value you bring to a customer interaction, and will never hesitate to help a customer in need.
- Assist Customer Success Managers and Technical Solutions Engineers with client support as needed
- 4+ years of work experience in a customer or technical support role.
- 2+ years in a SaaS support management role
- Deep experience with omnichannel ticketing systems and administration, such as Zendesk, Intercom, and Front
- Experience building open lines of communication with your team via 1:1, discussing career development, and delivering performance reviews.
- Excellent written and verbal skills; ability to explain complex concepts in a simple manner.
- Uncanny critical thinking and problem-solving skills, alongside the right attitude and aptitude for learning new technology in a fast-paced startup.
- Desire and ability to go above and beyond
- Understanding of industry standard KPIs and their common drivers: NPS, CSAT, etc.
- Familiarity with Salesforce
- Familiarity with BI tools such as Looker, Tableau, etc.
- Basic to working knowledge of SQL.
- Basic knowledge of the Internet (i.e. DNS, HTTP, TLS, Certificates, etc) and web development technology
- Experience managing relationships with support vendors
If this kind of work sounds interesting, we'd love to hear from you! We're open to all backgrounds and levels of experience, and we believe that great people can always find a place. People do their best work when they can be themselves, so we value uniqueness. We never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.