Carta is looking for senior backend engineers to work in the money movement, financial products and internal tools teams to build out scalable next generation platforms that will manage platforms in a high growth financial services company.
About Us: In this role you’ll work with a diverse range of financial platforms and solve complex problems. As a senior engineer you will be a critical part of architecting and building our systems. We strongly believe in highly collaborative and productive teams. Engineers have code only Tuesdays & Thursdays, where you have uninterrupted and meeting free time. We believe in empowering engineers to do their best work.
About You: You care about craftsmanship and solid engineering. You are accountable for your own results. You build for availability and scalability. You enjoy sharing your knowledge with others and mentoring, but are always open to learning something from people of all levels. You debate with your peers respectfully and with an open mind. You are a good technical lead and communicate clearly with others. You can balance design complexity with maintainability and determine how to incrementally develop and phase delivery. You like learning new technology and keep up to date with your skills, but you don’t adopt technology unless it will solve a real problem.
- Architecture, design and coding of highly available, secure, and scalable financial platforms.
- Test driven development, high levels of code coverage and automation.
- Peer code review.
- Logging and monitoring of platforms for proactive assurance of availability and performance.
- Measuring results of system changes through metrics,, both in speed and in business value.
- 8+ years of experience
- Expert Java Developer
- Python development
- Object oriented development practices, strong design and architecture skills, knowledge of design patterns and when they are best applied.
- Experience in development environments with GitHub, containerization, and service deployment in the Cloud.
- Test driven development experience, unit test and automation of test cases for CI/CD pipeline.
- Experience in Payments or Financial product domains.
Carta is creating the ownership network that maps the world's assets. Check out who we are and how we work here.
At Carta we want to create an environment for Carta's owners - you - to do your best work, by offering competitive benefits and perks:
We are committed to WELLNESS:
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Competitive PTO and unlimited sick time
We are committed to INVESTING IN YOUR FUTURE:
- 401k matching program
We are committed to A SUPPORTIVE WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Commuter benefits
- Catered lunch and unlimited snacks
- Cell phone stipend
We are committed to LIFELONG LEARNING:
- Unlimited reimbursement for work related books
- Fast paced work environment geared towards professional growth