The Carta Financial Products teams are looking for talented engineers to help us work on our financial products stack. We’re in the beginning stages of architecting and building new platforms and greenfield applications. Carta is an innovative enterprise startup that is fast growing, where you will have the opportunity to make a difference and expand your skill set. We are looking for people interested in developing highly scalable, low latency and fault tolerant financial platforms and experiences to expand the Carta product offering into new areas. All of our engineers are part of the architecture, design, build and deployment of well crafted code. If you want to put your engineering talents to work in a team of highly skilled, collaborative, fun and diverse engineers, we’re the place to be.
About You: You care about craftsmanship and solid engineering. You are accountable for your own results. You build for availability and scalability. You enjoy sharing your knowledge with others and mentoring, but are always open to learning something from people of all levels. You debate with your peers respectfully and with an open mind. You are a good technical lead and communicate clearly with others. You can balance design complexity with maintainability and determine how to incrementally develop and phase delivery. You like learning new technology and keep up to date with your skills, but you don’t adopt technology unless it will solve a real problem.
- Architecture, design and coding of highly available, secure, and scalable financial platforms.
- Test driven development, high levels of code coverage and automation.
- Peer code review.
- Logging and monitoring of platforms for proactive assurance of availability and performance.
- Measuring results of system changes through metrics,, both in speed and in business value.
- 6+ years of experience
- Expert Java Developer
- Python development
- Object oriented development practices, strong design and architecture skills, knowledge of design patterns and when they are best applied.
- Experience in development environments with GitHub, containerization, and service deployment in the Cloud.
- Test driven development experience, unit test and automation of test cases for CI/CD pipeline.
- Experience in Payments or Financial product domains.
Carta is creating the ownership network that maps the world's assets. Check out who we are and how we work here.
At Carta we want to create an environment for Carta's owners - you - to do your best work, by offering competitive benefits and perks:
We are committed to WELLNESS:
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Competitive PTO and unlimited sick time
We are committed to INVESTING IN YOUR FUTURE:
- 401k matching program
We are committed to A SUPPORTIVE WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Commuter benefits
- Catered lunch and unlimited snacks
- Cell phone stipend
We are committed to LIFELONG LEARNING:
- Unlimited reimbursement for work related books
- Fast paced work environment geared towards professional growth