Envoy makes workplaces work better. With a focus on the details, we craft beautiful, modern software that elevates the workplace experience. Companies like Google, Tesla, GitHub, Slack, Stripe and Pinterest, have worked with Envoy to welcome over 30 million visitors to more than 10,000 locations around the world. We are proudly backed by Andreessen Horowitz, Menlo Ventures, Initialized Capital, and many others.
Our mission is to challenge the status quo of workplace technology. This idea started at the front desk, where we set a new standard for visitor sign-in. Now, we’re looking around the office—to the mailroom, meeting rooms and beyond—and asking how can we make this better, too? We envision a world where technology is woven through our workplaces, all of it working together to make our time there delightful.
If this world sounds exciting, we’d love for you to help us build the Office OS.
About the team and role
We strive to be a top-notch engineering organization with a great culture and have the same high standards with our code, systems, practices, and people. We value learning and growth and hire, diverse, well-rounded, communicative people we can trust.
We are looking for an exceptional engineers to join our growing team at Envoy. We love to drive innovation in the workplace through hack projects. If you’re looking to challenge the status quo and build the Office OS come join us.
- Design core backend software components as well as extending our APIs
- Drive engineering projects to completion with a sense of urgency
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional teams to plan and execute on engineering projects
- Conduct design and code reviews
- 5+ years of software engineering experience or coding experience
- BS / MS in Computer Science or a related technical field
- You’ve created and supported APIs (REST, JSON/HTTP, GraphQL) and have worked closely with app teams
- Experience with Ruby or Elixir
- Experience with DBs - SQL / NoSQL
- Experience with Heroku or AWS
- Experience building and maintaining reliable, performant systems
- Experience working in a fast paced startup environment
If this kind of work sounds interesting, we'd love to hear from you! We're open to all backgrounds and levels of experience, and we believe that great people can always find a place. People do their best work when they can be themselves, so we value uniqueness. We never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.