Carta is hiring experienced software engineers at the Senior, Staff, Senior Staff, and Principal levels in San Francisco, Palo Alto, Seattle, New York City, and Rio de Janeiro to build products and services powered by Carta’s ownership graph: the central registry of asset ownership across the globe.
As a data engineer at Carta, you’ll play a foundational role in Carta’s fast-growing Data Organization, working on one of the world’s most valuable data sets at one of the fastest-growing FinTech companies of all time. You’ll spend two thirds of your time working on data engineering and backend software projects, and split the remaining third between DevOps, Data Science, and Machine Learning.
Applicants must have strong technical skills, be excited by “zero to one” projects, and enjoy working closely with stakeholders across engineering, product, business, and marketing. Prior experience in FinTech or with Data Science and ML is not required: our team consists of very nice people who are happy to help you learn everything you need to be successful at Carta.
At Carta, you will:
- Collect requirements, develop technical strategy, and build the data products and services that power Carta’s core applications
- Create, scale, and maintain data pipelines using batch and streaming tools like Airflow, Spark, Kafka, and Google Pub/Sub
- Evangelize best practices in continuous integration and delivery with Docker and Kubernetes
- Uphold our engineering standards and bring consistency to the many codebases and processes you will encounter
- BS/MS in computer science or a closely related field (candidates without such a degree but with equivalent computer science fundamentals and work experience are encouraged to apply: we are not snobs)
- 5+ years of Industry experience working with large data sets (more junior candidates may apply for non-senior roles)
- A collaborative attitude and a helpful personality
- Strong written and verbal technical communication skills
- Proficiency with modern programming languages (Python, Java, Scala, SQL, etc.) and datastores (Postgres, Cassandra, HDFS, BigTable, etc.)
- Backend developer experience optimizing the data access layer in mature web applications
- Experience building and working with realtime compute and streaming infrastructures (Kafka, Spark, Kinesis, Flink, etc.)
- Experience writing and debugging ETL jobs using distributed data frameworks
- A deep appreciation for agile software processes, data-driven development, reliability, and responsible experimentation
- Some practical experience with probability, statistical modeling, or machine learning
Carta is creating the ownership network that maps the world's assets. Check out who we are and how we work here.
At Carta we want to create an environment for Carta's owners - you - to do your best work, by offering competitive benefits and perks:
We are committed to WELLNESS:
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Competitive PTO and unlimited sick time
We are committed to INVESTING IN YOUR FUTURE:
- 401k matching program
We are committed to A SUPPORTIVE WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Commuter benefits
- Catered lunch and unlimited snacks
- Cell phone stipend
We are committed to LIFELONG LEARNING:
- Unlimited reimbursement for work related books
- Fast paced work environment geared towards professional growth