Envoy makes workplaces work better. With a focus on the details, we craft beautiful, modern software that elevates the workplace experience. Companies like Google, Tesla, GitHub, Slack, Stripe and Pinterest, have worked with Envoy to welcome over 30 million visitors to more than 10,000 locations around the world. We are proudly backed by Andreessen Horowitz, Menlo Ventures, Initialized Capital, and many others.
Our mission is to challenge the status quo of workplace technology. This idea started at the front desk, where we set a new standard for visitor sign-in. Now, we’re looking around the office—to the mailroom, meeting rooms and beyond—and asking how can we make this better, too? We envision a world where technology is woven through our workplaces, all of it working together to make our time there delightful.
If this world sounds exciting, we’d love for you to help us build the Office OS.
About the team and role
We strive to be a top-notch engineering organization with a great culture and have the same high standards with our code, systems, practices, and people. We value learning and growth and hire, diverse, well-rounded, communicative people we can trust.
We are looking for an exceptional engineering leader to join our growing team at Envoy. As a leader in the Engineering organization, you will be a point person on driving execution, technical leadership, people development, recruiting top-level talent as well as hands-on development work.
- Drive great execution, work with the team to set clear goals, and deliver against them
- Recruit inspire, and develop a high performing and creative engineering team
- Be both a highly technical, hands-on coder and effective people coach
- Implement and operate agile development best practices in a fast-paced environment
- Champion engineering excellence and culture, establish metrics for regular assessment/improvement
- Invest in our future and help build the Envoy engineering brand through blogs, conferences, open source projects, etc.
- Minimum 5+ years of hands-on technical development experience
- Minimum 3+ years of experience managing a cross-functional engineering team
- Experience running the day-to-day agile/scrum process for an engineering team
- BS/MS in Computer Science or a related technical field
- Experience working in high growth venture-backed startups
- Experience working in IoT related companies
- Experience in building and launching greenfield products
- Contribute to open source projects/libraries
- Blog, teach, mentor, or help others learn outside of your day to day work
If this kind of work sounds interesting, we'd love to hear from you! We're open to all backgrounds and levels of experience, and we believe that great people can always find a place. People do their best work when they can be themselves, so we value uniqueness. We never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.