Envoy makes workplaces work better. With a focus on the details, we craft beautiful, modern software that elevates the workplace experience. Companies like Google, Tesla, GitHub, Slack, Stripe and Pinterest, have worked with Envoy to welcome over 30 million visitors to more than 10,000 locations around the world. We are proudly backed by Andreessen Horowitz, Menlo Ventures, Initialized Capital, and many others.
Our mission is to challenge the status quo of workplace technology. This idea started at the front desk, where we set a new standard for visitor sign-in. Now, we’re looking around the office—to the mailroom, meeting rooms and beyond—and asking how can we make this better, too? We envision a world where technology is woven through our workplaces, all of it working together to make our time there delightful.
If this world sounds exciting, we’d love for you to help us build the Office OS.
About the role
As the Senior Public Relations Manager, you will both influence and deliver Envoy’s story to the public. You will report to the Director of Brand Comms, partnering with the Content and Brand functions, and will work intimately with Product Marketing, Demand Generation, and the Executive Team.
This is a great opportunity for an innovative, outside-of-the-box storyteller who is ready to hit the ground running and build a public relations strategy for a fast-growing company.
We’re a small and scrappy team with a strong desire to challenge the status quo—and we’re just getting started. Come join us!
- Lead Envoy’s Public Relations strategy, including corporate communications and media relationships
- Own Envoy’s relationships with key media and influencers, driving positive coverage and original, innovative content
- Act as central point of contact to our external PR agency, pushing them beyond the status quo and holding them accountable to aggressive targets
- Maintain and grow our internal list of media contacts in technology, business, and industry-specific outlets
- Partner with Content, Brand, and Product Marketing functions to source and tell Envoy’s story
- Influence our overall Marketing strategy (especially Content, Brand, and Field Marketing) while generating PR-led content opportunities
- Launch and build out new programs as Envoy continues to mature and grow
- Work closely with our CEO and executive team, providing strategic counsel, media training, speech writing and/or editing as needed; and sourcing compelling speaking/contribution opportunities
- Become an Envoy subject matter expert and passionate storyteller
- Build a track record of industry awards and recognition
- 5+ years of public relations experience
- Experience owning and being the primary point of contact for external agencies
- An eye for unconventional narratives — you should be a natural storyteller who sees the bigger picture in every piece of data, product launch, or new development
- A background in technology companies — bonus points for a combination of B2B and consumer-facing products
- Experience and comfort with coaching/partnering with executives
- Experience working on and collaborating with Marketing teams, both influencing and being influenced by a broader Marketing strategy
- A high degree of self-awareness with highly developed emotional intelligence
- The ability to set and juggle priorities to focus on the mission-critical issues
- An independent working style — must be self-driven, resourceful, and capable
- Extraordinary written and verbal communication skills
If this kind of work sounds interesting, we'd love to hear from you! We're open to all backgrounds and levels of experience, and we believe that great people can always find a place. People do their best work when they can be themselves, so we value uniqueness. We never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.