- Work with a nimble team of motivated engineers for creating API's for multiple clients.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment working with changing requirements.
- Creating systems that scale while keeping business needs in mind to help deliver reliable and rich features.
- Familiar with current web best practices and an advocate of tested, well written code.
- 4+ years of back-end server experience with PHP or similar language.
- Experience working with MySQL, Memcache, Redis, or similar data stores.
- Extremely comfortable with HTTP protocol
- Knowledge of writing RESTful services.
- Excellent problem solving skills, especially for problems with loosely-defined constraints.
IMVU, the #1 avatar-based social network welcomes users to join a never-ending world where anything is possible, including connecting with people from all over the world. It's here that the fun is infinite and reality is limitless. The IMVU Virtual Shop is the largest of its kind, with an inventory of more than 20 million user-generated, VR-ready goods and growing everyday. From collections that include the hottest trends and throwback sneakers to fairy wings and couture gowns, the marketplace allows our users to personalize, customize and stylize their 3D avatars and environments to their hearts' content. With over three million unique users every month, our platform is poised for future growth and available on desktop, tablet and mobile devices.
Our Engineers are given significant autonomy over their work: we hire smart people and trust them to use their creativity and talents to do right by their peers and our customers. We are longstanding evangelists of Continuous Deployment, strong supporters of open source software and we spawned the Lean Startup movement. We value humility, open collaboration and foster an environment that supports learning from and mentoring others. We want you to grow your talent and career. We’ll provide plenty of interesting challenges and strong support to ensure your success. At IMVU, we solve challenging problems and create amazing products together every day! Check out some of what we’re doing on our Engineering blog: http://im.vu/engineering
Founded in 2004 and based in the heart of Silicon Valley, IMVU is led by a team that's dedicated to pioneering the virtual reality industry. IMVU is backed by venture investors Menlo Ventures, Allegis Capital, Bridgescale Partners and Best Buy Capital.
IMVU has been recognized frequently as Best Place to Work in the Silicon Valley.
HOW TO APPLY
Please try out our core product before you apply. We’d like you to understand our products and have some understanding of our customers.
Please include a cover letter. Make sure to discuss why you are interested in learning more about IMVU. Job applications without cover letters will not be considered.
IMVU is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.