Platform9 makes cloud-hosted management systems for open source software on customer infrastructure. Many of our customers operate their own hardware, and use Platform9 to deploy, upgrade and support Openstack and/or Kubernetes on their hardware. Others use Platform9 to manage virtual machine or container workloads on AWS, GCP or Azure while some use a hybrid of on-premise and public cloud infrastructure. In other words, Platform9 enables its customers to get the most out of their cloud infrastructure in the least amount of time.
We work on a variety of customer infrastructure at all ranges of scale, with different virtualization, networking and storage configurations.
Our team builds robust, scalable distributed systems that provide delightful customer experiences. As a fast-moving startup, we have the satisfaction of seeing our work directly affect our customers on a daily basis.
What our backend developers do
• Design, build and maintain APIs, services and systems that are used by our customers as well as internal teams
• Help diagnose and debug production issues on customer environments
• Collaborate with other developers and teams to build features that will be used at large scale
• Follow – and develop – good engineering practices, tools and processes
• You can work as part of a team, and treat others with respect and kindness.
• You take pride in your craft, and hold yourself and others to high standards.
• You can approach software development from a user’s point of view. You don’t have to be a designer, but you know a good or bad user experience when you see it.
• You have 6+ years of experience working in a team that has created and shipped software to users.
• You are good at spoken and written communication – this includes design documentation, APIs, comments and everything else that goes with building maintainable software
• You’re passionate about the exciting parts of the job, but recognize that not all of the necessary work will be fun.
• You’re willing to learn various new technologies. The “cloud native” field of software is rapidly evolving: you’ll need to stay aware of it and quickly learn new technologies whenever necessary or relevant.
- You are good at algorithms and data structures
Our Technology Stack:
We use the following technologies; we have no minimum experience required for any of them, but you will need to learn them relatively quickly on the job, if you’re not already familiar with them.
• Python programming language
• Bash scripting
• Kubernetes, with Docker containers
• NodeJS and Go
As a growing startup, Platform9 offers the following benefits:
• Competitive salary and equity
• Mediclaim coverage for you and your family
• Paid parental leave
• Relocation support
• Flexible work hours
• Flexible vacation policies
• Free breakfast, lunches and snacks