At Qualia, we are fundamentally transforming the way real estate professionals, lenders, and homebuyers manage real estate transactions, one of the nation’s largest industries. Qualia is backed by 8VC and other top investors and is growing quickly. Our thousands of passionate users spend the majority of their day logged into one of Qualia’s web and mobile enterprise apps.
We are hiring entrepreneurial engineers interested in being a part of our scaling engineering team. Our engineers are conscientious hackers who like teamwork but are also comfortable with independent projects. Our engineering team releases new software every week, moves at a fast pace, and works directly with our design and customer-facing teams to imagine and build the new experiences our customers love. Because of that, you’ll get a rewarding variety of projects to work on.
As a senior engineer, you've been in the industry for a while and have a proven track record of success. You are comfortable taking full responsibility for complex, high-liability projects. You have experience making key architectural decisions and performing the research to back up those decisions. You've dealt with the consequences of your mistakes, and know how to fight fires if necessary. You enjoy mentoring and providing support for less experienced developers. You've thrived in many different environments and realize that each team is unique.
Here’s What You’ll Do Day-To-Day
- Your work will focus on building web technologies, both frontend and backend. You’ll work on improving and extending our core web applications, diverse software integrations, payment-processing systems, and other exciting new features.
- Our engineers are generalists, and your responsibilities will be flexible based on company needs as well as your skills and interests.
THE EXPERIENCE YOU NEED
- We are looking for strong full-stack engineers.
- We value engineers who have good product sense, attention to detail, and passion for the impact of the software they build.
- You have made key architectural decisions for large projects.
- You have mentored junior developers.
- You have worked on multiple engineering teams, both small and large.
THE TECH STACK YOU’LL USE
- Meteor / Semantic UI / MongoDB
- Microservice architecture / Docker / AWS
- Local copy of full production stack for development
- GitHub for version control and pull requests
Why Join Our Team
- Our flat company structure empowers engineers to make product decisions
- We release new software every week so customers will benefit from your work right away
- We have a collaborative culture where engineers mentor each other
- Employees take time to eat together and share conversation at our daily catered lunches
- We provide a new laptop and your choice of accessories
- We have a fantastic location in a sunny office in downtown San Francisco, easily commutable from anywhere in the Bay Area by BART and MUNI
- We offer generous compensation and benefits packages including medical, vision, and dental insurance