Credit Sesame is the nation’s only full-lifecycle credit management service that helps consumers achieve financial wellness. Since 2010, we’ve helped millions improve their financial health, at no cost to them, by offering the best tools possible to access, understand, use, and protect their credit so they can lead better lives.
We are a fast-growing, nimble startup, and we succeed only because of our amazing teammates and our strong, positive culture.
We’re looking for an innovative and adaptable Data Engineer to partner with our Analytics team to help us drive both growth and user acquisition. If you enjoy fast-paced startup environments, learn quickly, and are interested in growing your data engineering skill set, this role is for you!
- building and supporting data processing pipelines to help core business operations;
- analyzing data tables and generating ad-hoc reports;
- working cross-functionally with our Engineering and Business Development teams to onboard new partners and respond to data-related requests;
- communicating and illustrating shifts in trends using Excel or other tools.
You’ll make an impact because…
- you have a strong background in SQL and Java (required);
- you’re a self-starter who can operate with little guidance and close out issues without waiting to be asked;
- you’re skilled at diving into data to both identify correlations and derive inferences;
- you’ve learned new technical skills on your own and are savvy in finding the right search terms;
- you’ve had experience with data mapping/cleansing/processing (preferred);
- you‘re comfortable with Python (preferred);
- you have Groovy ETL experience (preferred).
You’ll love working with us because...
- we pioneered the Personal Credit Management space;
- you will have huge potential to grow with a dynamic startup that’s a category leader;
- we have an amazing company culture with the best coworkers in the Bay Area;
- you will get equity in a leading startup that is backed by top VCs, along with comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance;
- we have meals catered twice a week;
- we offer both free on-site fitness centers and a monthly fitness reimbursement;
- we have fully-stocked kitchens with tasty snacks and drinks;
- we have open paid time off—take the time off you need so you’re happy and healthy;
- we are only a block from the Montgomery Street BART;
- you can work in either our San Francisco or our Mountain View office;
- we are an equal opportunity employer.