About the Company:
Clarifai is an artificial intelligence company that excels at visual recognition. We do not sell an abstract, futuristic technology - we sell a platform that businesses can use to solve real-world problems. We believe that the same AI technology that gives big tech companies a competitive edge should be available to developers and businesses of any size or budget. That’s why we build products to make it easy, quick, and inexpensive for developers and businesses to innovate with AI, go to market faster, and build better customer experiences. Leading companies like OpenTable, Trivago and West Elm use our technology, which is the most personalizable, unbiased, accurate solution in the market.
We have secured a $30M Series B round of funding and are backed by Menlo Ventures, Google Ventures, USV, NVIDIA, Qualcomm, Osage, Lux Capital, LDV Capital, and Corazon Capital. To continue to succeed, we need people like you to join the team!
Clarifai is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
As Clarifai’s VP Marketing, you will provide extraordinary leadership and direction and will be responsible for all activities related to implementing market strategy and reaching measurable marketing targets for both our enterprise and developer prospects.
As our VP of Marketing, you will have the opportunity to develop and execute on the messaging, communications, and campaign strategy that will help drive the next phase of growth for Clarifai. You get the opportunity to build processes as well as:
- Set the mission, vision, and strategy of marketing organization within Clarifai
- Work with the rest of the executive team at Clarifai to develop & execute on overall company strategy.
- Work with sales and demand gen teams to develop a go-to-market strategy.
- Work closely with product management leadership to continue to hone in on current target market focus, explore additional markets, and establish a foundation for long term vision
- Define Clarifai’s messaging to key personas and influencers within target markets including economic buyer, technical buyer, end user,
- Own the branding and messaging across all our marketing collateral (website, case studies, ads, email drips, social media channels etc.) and communications
- Work with our PR agency to execute on building trust in and differentiating our brand vs. the competition
- Scale the marketing team by continuing recruitment of top talent; structuring the team to align efficiently with the Product, Sales, and Demand Gen teams
- Oversee and possibly implement SEO strategy.
- Define marketing KPIs, create and implement a top-of-the-funnel inbound marketing strategy and create dashboards to share progress with the leadership team and the company of Key Performance Indicators such as:
- Conversion rate
- Number of sales-qualified leads
- Manage website overhaul and responsibility for writing website content as well as overseeing and guiding the design process.
- Oversee social media strategy both organic and paid and develop and coordinate email marketing strategy.
- You have 10+ years of experience in marketing and/or similar role
- You have at least 7 B2B years experience managing and building multi-faceted marketing teams in a rapidly changing startup environment including the functions of content marketing, brand, PR, demand generation and product marketing functions. You have demonstrated experience hiring, mentoring, coaching and retaining a high-performing results driven team. Ideal experience in the areas of Enterprise Software, SaaS, and/or Machine Learning.
- You bring your experience in distilling complex technology into an easily consumable message for different channels. You have experience marketing technical products/platforms to mix both the business buyer as well as fostering the community of developers.
- A track record of creating, driving and executing a marketing strategy that resulted in substantial growth.
- You have a formula for continuously testing and refining your approach in support of demand generation and revenue growth. Measurable results are in your DNA.
- You love working across the organization and have a results-driven approach that values teamwork, calculated risks, timely execution, and quality delivery.
- An entrepreneurial “own the outcome” mindset with a disciplined approach to the establishment and prioritization of goals, focus objectives, and target results
- Manage the production of marketing collateral
- Develop segmented marketing strategy focused on targeted end markets (public sector, consumer/retail, and others)
- Ability to develop and lead improvements in copywriting