Product Manager - Marketplace Consecutive Trips at Uber
San Francisco, CA, US
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.
About the Role
Driver Pricing develops the product experiences, pricing features, algorithms and platforms that enable Uber to be a reliable and motivating source of earnings for millions of driver partners around the world. As a PM within Driver Pricing, you will partner with a team of enormously talented engineers, data scientists, designers and UX researchers to build tools and technology that help drivers maximize their earnings on Uber. Our team is responsible for highly visible features of the driver app including the surge heatmap, positioning suggestions and driver incentives planning & tracking tools. Underlying these experiences, we define and iterate on a full suite of pricing features and strategies such as long-pickup fees, driver surge algorithm, peak hour incentives and loyalty incentives. The Driver Pricing team also develops the platforms to monitor, analyze and flawlessly deliver these pricing experiences no matter the type of trip (e.g. UberX, UberPOOL, UberEATs) and for our diverse set of driver partners. In this role, you will work very closely with cross-functional leaders in strategy, finance, marketing, policy, legal and operations to ensure our products support the needs of our global business.
What You'll Do:
- Internalize and deeply understand Uber’s mission and strategies, as well as the needs and motivations of the diverse set of drivers who use the platform globally.
- Own a product pillar roadmap within the Driver Pricing charter. Define a narrative for how that roadmap aligns with company-level and regional business priorities.
- Distill the vision and strategy for the team, generate enthusiasm across cross-functional stakeholders and executive leadership
- Drive innovation, research, design and planning of entirely new products and features. Challenge your cross-functional team to think boldly and channel that energy into concrete action
- Generate and validate product ideas through continuous experimentation
- Be incredibly truth-seeking. Collect whatever data and research insights are necessary to inform product direction by soliciting and embracing critical feedback
- Clearly communicate plans, insights, data and results to a spectrum of audiences including executives, other product teams, and other decision-makers across Uber
- Work with the global operations team and cross-functional stakeholders to understand the requirements of Uber’s regional markets and ensure successful global deployment of new systems and models
What You'll Need:
- Minimum of 3 years experience in Product Management delivering successful and innovative products
- Strong customer empathy, with an ability to transform complex data and customer insights into a prioritized roadmap
- Results and metrics-oriented. You create clear definitions of success and guide prioritization and ideation against that. Focused on building businesses, not features
- Leadership and communication. Proven ability to work collaboratively with technical and non-technical team members up to and including the executive-level
- A great collaborator, biased toward action and an excellent disambiguator/simplifier - constantly pushing toward clarity and delivery
- Growth mindset. A deep desire to learn
- Experience partnering with cross-functional teams of engineers, data scientists, and designers to deliver extraordinary products
- Academic background or equivalent work experience in computer science, data science, statistics, economics or engineering highly preferred