Roku pioneered streaming to the TV. We connect users to the streaming content they love, enable content publishers to build and monetize large audiences, and provide advertisers with unique capabilities to engage consumers. Roku streaming players and Roku TV™ models are available around the world through direct retail sales and licensing arrangements with TV brands and pay TV operators.
Roku is looking for a top notch Android developer who is passionate about mobile development. You will be responsible for creating delightful user experience using native Android APIs and open source libraries. You are not afraid to challenge the status quo (We love and encourage that at Roku Mobile).
- Write Android building blocks using Activities, Fragments and state management APIs
- Use frameworks like RxJava for handling asynchronous event pipelines
- Craft high quality visual experiences using XMLs, custom layouts and media playback
- Conduct code reviews and write unit tests
- Proactively participate in architectural, product and design discussions
- Be well versed with open source libraries like OkHttp, Retrofit, Butterknife, Lottie etc.
- Stellar individual contributor and a great team player
- Knowing multiple languages is a definite plus. Java and what else?
- Up to date on developments in the Android landscape and mobile technologies
- Strong communicator with technical and non-technical audience
- Minimum software development experience of 3+ years
- Bachelor of Engineering or Masters (preferred) in Computer Science or related field
Characteristics of success at Roku
- Self-motivated individual who takes ownership
- Positive attitude
- Non political
- Results oriented
- Hands on and team oriented
- Desire to win in a highly competitive environment
- Ability to adjust plan and react as needed