Roku pioneered streaming to the TV. We connect users to the streaming content they love, enable content publishers to build and monetize large audiences, and provide advertisers with unique capabilities to engage consumers. Roku streaming players and Roku TV™ models are available around the world through direct retail sales and licensing arrangements with TV brands and pay TV operators.
Roles and Responsibilities:
An early leader in the connected TV space, Roku now boasts significant distribution, an impressive portfolio of advertiser wins, an extremely active user base, rich content choices, and sophisticated, interactive promotional capabilities for both conventional and entertainment marketers. The Roku Advertising offering includes: video advertising, custom content sponsorships, and distribution of branded entertainment. Roku is developing the next generation of TV advertising. The company believes that all TV advertising will be streamed, and that the Roku platform can be one of the industry’s leading video ad and content promotion platforms worldwide.
The person in this role will support the high growth Advertising business, partnering closely with the Ad Sales, Audience Development, & Publisher Services teams focusing on emerging markets and new products. This role provides analytical and direct business support including the forecast, monthly close and annual plan processes and involves the coordination of business inputs across multiple departments, creation of forecast and results analysis and reporting packages.
The job provides the opportunity to gain an in-depth understanding of the Roku Advertising business as part of a rapidly growing, innovative company in a dynamic and evolving industry.
This role reports to the Director of FP&A, Advertising.
- Business partner with the International & Audience Marketplace teams to accurately forecast each P&L (revenue, gross profit, opex & headcount) on a quarterly and annual basis
- Assist in go to market strategy for new regions and/or new products, providing actionable recommendations and analysis to senior management and business partners
- Ability to create and drive process improvements across business stakeholders, FP&A & Accounting
- Create sales analytics & dashboard reporting, identifying key performance indicators to improve revenue forecasting & present to senior management
- Analyze and monitor forecasted revenue inputs against financial targets; proactively identifying both risks and opportunities
- Have a clear understanding of application of revenue recognition rules in P&L forecasts
- Work closely with Accounting during month end close to ensure complete and accurate accruals
- Identify key variance drivers to explain variances to plan, forecast, YoY & QoQ.
- Provide ad hoc P&L modeling and in-depth analysis to drive intelligent decision making
- Establish a highly collaborative, cross-functional relationships across the broader Roku organization
- 7+ years of FP&A experience, ideally in a high growth advertising or media company
- Ability to understand complex business drivers, produce high-quality analytics and communicate results effectively
- Excellent communicator and collaborator across multiple departments. Practices a service-oriented business partnering approach.
- Eagerness to work in a start-up team environment that will be rapidly changing
- Comfortable in an evolving environment and eagerness for problem solving
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Highest standards of accuracy and precision; highly organized
- Salesforce / DFP / NetSuite / Adaptive experience a plus