Roku pioneered streaming to the TV. We connect users to the streaming content they love, enable content publishers to build and monetize large audiences, and provide advertisers with unique capabilities to engage consumers. Roku streaming players and Roku TV™ models are available around the world through direct retail sales and licensing arrangements with TV brands and pay TV operators.
The Role and Responsibilities
The Senior Sales Operations Manager is responsible for providing process improvement and analytical support to the Roku Platform organization. This position will report to the Director of Sales Strategy & Operations.
- Support supply and demand-side teams with process improvement, partnering on projects that make their lives easier.
- Work with the Product and Engineering teams on SFDC integrations with external and internal tools. Help develop and execute on the vision for our ad stack.
- Support go-to-market initiatives by owning the “adoption & scale” phase, establishing KPI’s for new products, tracking progress to those KPI’s, and working with Sales and Account Management to remove blockers to the success of new products.
- Partner with Sales leadership to drive rate card development, pricing strategies, and business rules regarding deal flow.
- Assist with Sales Enablement as needed, including documenting workflows and delivering in-person trainings to a variety of teams, including Sales and Account Management.
- Promote SFDC best practices across the org. Actively seek feedback regarding ways to improve on those best practices.
- Establish and grow relationships with cross-functional partners who support the Platform business, such as FP&A, Accounting, and Legal.
- Develop proactive analyses and provide actionable insights for stakeholders, rooted in SFDC data.
- Contribute to SOX compliance efforts by ensuring controls are in place, documented, and enforced by relevant managers.
- Balance the service elements of the role with the broader needs of Roku’s business.
- Balance day to day needs with strategic priorities of the business.
- High proficiency with SalesForce and Excel
- High degree of drive and self-motivation
- Ability to work autonomously to solve problems and create solutions that resolve ongoing issues
- Ability to prioritize a high volume of work, and assess tradeoffs between long-term priorities and short-term gains
- Ability to analyze data & relate it to business needs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Eagerness to work in a start-up team environment that will be rapidly changing
- Eagerness to be hands-on with a variety of stakeholders at all levels of the organization
- Have a service orientation
- Comfort with navigating ambiguity
- 10 years’ experience in sales operations or similar function at a digital advertising company
- Familiarity with advertising and sales terminology and metrics
- Nice to have: Management experience
- College degree
Characteristics of success at Roku
- Self-motivated individual who takes ownership
- Positive attitude
- Non political
- Results oriented
- Hands on and team oriented
- Desire to win in a highly competitive environment
- Ability to adjust plan and react as needed