Roku pioneered streaming to the TV. We connect users to the streaming content they love, enable content publishers to build and monetize large audiences, and provide advertisers with unique capabilities to engage consumers. Roku streaming players and Roku TV™ models are available around the world through direct retail sales and licensing arrangements with TV brands and pay TV operators.
The Role and Responsibilities
The Sales Operations Manager is responsible for providing broad operational day-to-day support for Roku’s Platform organization, with an emphasis on analytics.
- Support all teams using Salesforce – including Business Development, Ad Sales, Content Acquisition, Legal, and FP&A with process improvement, measurement, tracking and analytics relevant to their functional areas.
- Support rate card creation, discounting, and pricing decisions.
- Partner with the Enterprise Applications team and other business units on SFDC integrations with external and internal tools that would enhance data integrity and analytical efforts, contributing to the vision for our internal ad stack.
- Leverage SFDC data to provide actionable insights to stakeholders. Ensure reporting, analytics and dashboard needs are met for front and back office teams across the Platform org, including tracking against upfront and annual deals
- Support demand and supply forecasting efforts leveraging Salesforce data and related sales reports from other systems
- Assist with Sales Enablement as needed, including documenting workflows and delivering in-person trainings to a variety of teams, including Sales and Account Management.
- Drive data integrity efforts, in partnership with the Data Product Manager and Salesforce engineers, across Salesforce and related integrations
- Create dashboards and reports from scratch, as well as refine and update existing reports
- Take a focused but not siloed approach, working in sync with larger Sales Ops and Biz Ops team initiatives.
- Contribute to SOX compliance efforts by ensuring controls are in place and documented on relevant projects.
- Balance day to day needs with strategic priorities of the business.
- Advanced Excel capabilities
- Expertise in Salesforce, especially creating reports and dashboards
- Familliarity with Salesforce solution architecture
- High degree of drive and self-motivation
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral; translating business problems into clear communication with sales, marketing, finance, and other teams in Ads organization
- Thrive in a dynamic work environment, exhibiting ability to be flexible and a strong team-player
- Ability to work autonomously to solve problems and create solutions that resolve ongoing issues
- Understand how business process impacts reporting
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills with attention to detail, and ability to work on many tasks concurrently
- Eagerness to work in a start-up team environment that will be rapidly changing
- Comfort with navigating ambiguity
- Preferred: Experience supporting several functional organizations; knowledge and understanding of key metrics driving a sales environment
- Preferred: Familiarity with SFDC-integrated tools such as NetSuite, Staq, Echosign/Adobe Sign or Docusign, Box, Outlook
- 3-6 years’ experience in sales operations or similar function at a digital advertising or media company
- Familiarity with advertising, media, and sales terminology and metrics
- Understanding of OTT space as well as display and email ad products
- College degree
Characteristics of success at Roku
- Self-motivated individual who takes ownership
- Positive attitude
- Non political
- Results oriented
- Hands on and team oriented
- Desire to win in a highly competitive environment
- Ability to adjust plan and react as needed