Roku pioneered streaming to the TV. We connect users to the streaming content they love, enable content publishers to build and monetize large audiences, and provide advertisers with unique capabilities to engage consumers. Roku streaming players and Roku TV™ models are available around the world through direct retail sales and licensing arrangements with TV brands and pay TV operators.
Roku is looking for a Business Development Manager to join our growing Advertising team in New York City. The Business Development Manager’s role is to actively help build the Ad Platform by engaging strategic partners in the ecosystem to develop unique advertising solutions. This role is critical as it will present to the ecosystem the tremendous value created by our innovative technology and continue fueling our rapid growth.
The candidate's primary responsibilities will be to work with publishers, technology vendors, and agencies to develop unique OTT and data monetization solutions, including evangelizing the Roku Audience Marketplace across media agencies and publishers. It also involves the end-to-end rollout processes of 3rdparty ad tech vendors. This role requires attention to details, excellent project management skills and a strong "nose for value".
- Understand Roku’s Ad Platform value proposition and work with the Product, Engineering, Legal, and Sales teams to develop unique ad offerings for the OTT ecosystem
- Work with TV network’s BD and sales teams to cultivate relationships and develop an understanding for how Roku can support their efforts to better monetize streaming viewership.
- Manage and develop partnerships with technology vendors that align to Roku ad product strategies.
- Analyze the ad platform monetization trends and seek opportunities to improve Roku’s ad platform uniqueness
- Evangelize Roku’s data solutions with ad-supported video publishers on the Roku platform. Educate agencies to drive usage of Roku-powered offerings.
- Manage select business development initiatives from end-to-end: negotiation, contract drafting, product rollout and GTM activities
- A background in Legal or Computer Science degree of any variation is a plus.
- Strong understanding of the Television Advertising business
- An understanding of online advertising ecosystem and its main players.
- 5+ years’ experience in a business development, product management, go-to-market operations, or similar type of role is preferred
- Possess an "ownership" mentality
- Great at balancing strategic & creative thinking and tangible execution
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Capacity to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ease with ambiguity is necessary.
- Demonstrable passion and intellectual curiosity, passion for learning technology.
- Familiarity with online media buying and selling, programmatic advertising technology solutions are a plus.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent required
- Located in New York, NY
Characteristics of success at Roku
- Self-motivated individual who takes ownership
- Positive attitude
- Non political
- Results oriented
- Hands on and team oriented
- Desire to win in a highly competitive environment
- Ability to adjust plan and react as needed