Roku pioneered streaming to the TV. We connect users to the streaming content they love, enable content publishers to build and monetize large audiences, and provide advertisers with unique capabilities to engage consumers. Roku streaming players and Roku TV™ models are available around the world through direct retail sales and licensing arrangements with TV brands and pay TV operators.
The Role and Responsibilities
An early leader in the connected TV space, Roku now boasts significant distribution, an impressive portfolio of advertiser wins, an extremely active user base, rich content choices, and sophisticated, interactive promotional capabilities for both conventional and entertainment marketers. The Roku Advertising offering includes: video advertising, custom content sponsorships, and distribution of branded entertainment. Roku is developing the next generation of TV advertising. The company believes that all TV advertising will be streamed, and that the Roku platform can be one of the industry’s leading video ad and content promotion platforms worldwide. Roku’s ad platform offers a combination of targeted display and video advertising with integrated billing, interactivity, and measurability.
As an Account Manager you will work to support Ad Sales AEs. Account Managers at Roku are involved in each step of pre- and post- sales from RFP response to Billing.
- Serve as the lead day-to-day POC for advertiser/ad agency relationships
- Partner and drive partnerships with Account Executive on all client related strategy
- Pro-actively manage renewal and up-sell opportunities
- Project manage & own the pre-sales process inclusive of, preparing the RFP response, maintaining SFDC records, inventory checks, driving strategy, collecting collateral (research & marketing) and submitting the deal for internal approvals.
- Partner closely with Ad Ops & other Business Operations Teams on campaign activations & optimizations.
- Frequent monitoring & reporting campaigns status to key stakeholders – including external and internal campaign updates, recaps & useful insights, screen grabs, and video captures.
- Serve as the liaison between the client, Roku creative services and ad operation teams – support Roku Best Practices & Ad Guidelines on design and approach for assets.
- Provide regularly scheduled communications and campaign updates with clients and internal stakeholders – you are responsible for keeping all parties informed and on schedule, a monumental and complex task
- Collaborate with ad sales AEs on new business sales presentations and QBRs, thoughtful & creative media plans, and custom ideation, including leading the charge on upsells.
- Be comfortable presenting insights, data & campaign metrics during client meetings and/or QBRs.
- Develop a keen understanding of how the Roku platform and unique ad products will deliver brand value in support of the clients advertising goals.
- 3-5 years experience in account management/client services at an ad tech company or media planning at an agency
- Experience in display and video advertising with a premium publisher or agency
- Experience in Programmatic video executions and workflows.
- Reporting intelligence with Salesforce, Excel, PowerPoint & Tableau
- Strong desire for collaboration, creative brainstorms and proactive client engagement
- Familiar with commercial digital ad serving tools for video and display
- Analytical, project management, deadline-drive, and process-oriented personality
- Self starter, comfortable working in fast-paced, growing environment
- RFP, pre-sale experience required
- Bachelors degree or equivalent
Characteristics of success at Roku
- Self-motivated individual who takes ownership
- Positive attitude
- Non political
- Results oriented
- Hands on and team oriented
- Desire to win in a highly competitive environment
- Ability to adjust plan and react as needed